IGNORED

Happy 20th Birthday Nathan Arndt

anjulibai

Enjoy your cake in your parents' bedroom!

The Arndt's now have only 3 teenagers and one tween at home.

The Arndt's now have only 3 teenagers and one tween at home.

Wow. That really puts things in perspective. And Wizzy is 18 right? So there are only three "children" left in the house, and one of those children is nearing the age of majority (Caleb turns 17 this fall, followed by 15 year old Peter, and 12 year old David).

I wonder how Rick and Cathy will deal with things in the coming years as the family situation becomes less and less "wholesome large family who loves each other!" and more and more "what is wrong with these weird adults?" People are already talking, but once there are no children left, there will really be no way to spin things positively. I still have a soft spot for those Arndt boys though, and along with Sarah Maxwell, always have a lot hope as I open up Free Jinger that there will be a thread in all caps stating that one of them is courting/dating/dourting :lol: /engaged.

Wow. That really puts things in perspective. And Wizzy is 18 right? So there are only three "children" left in the house, and one of those children is nearing the age of majority (Caleb turns 17 this fall, followed by 15 year old Peter, and 12 year old David).

I wonder how Rick and Cathy will deal with things in the coming years as the family situation becomes less and less "wholesome large family who loves each other!" and more and more "what is wrong with these weird adults?" People are already talking, but once there are no children left, there will really be no way to spin things positively. I still have a soft spot for those Arndt boys though, and along with Sarah Maxwell, always have a lot hope as I open up Free Jinger that there will be a thread in all caps stating that one of them is courting/dating/dourting :lol: /engaged.

Wow just went to look at their ages and they are 34, 33, 31 (32 in July), 30, 28, 26 (27 in September), 24 (25 in May), 23 (24 on Christmas this year), 21 (22 in August), and of course Nathan turns 20 today, Mary-Elizabeth is 18, and three minors that are 16 (17 in November), 14 (15 in July), and 12. 11 adults at home now. Yeah, this family is very weird.

How weird, I was just thinking of these people yesterday. Someone on the Maxwell thread said dad Arndt has made the adult kids stay at home with bits of freedom. I wonder what mommy & daddy Arndt says to these man children to get them to stay content at home. There are so many that are well into adulthood staying at home.

It would be nice to have some of these set up with others. Nausicaa25 could you image Sarah Maxwell with one of the older Arndt man children? She would see what fun is but I think they would both short circuit and not know what to do.

I wonder if Wizzy will be the one to step out and leave. The whole thing is so weird. I love my daughters but when they are out of college, I expect them to be on their own in some capacity. I don't envision them living at home, I want them to live their own life! I think that is my job as a parent- raise them to be fully functioning adults and go out on their own. I don't think there is any other living being (animal, reptile, etc) that keeps adult children at home, at some point they start their own pack or such. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Yeah, Wizzy is 18. If she were in public school, she'd be graduating high school this June.

So soon they will only have 3 kids they are actually homeschooling.

How weird, I was just thinking of these people yesterday. Someone on the Maxwell thread said dad Arndt has made the adult kids stay at home with bits of freedom. I wonder what mommy & daddy Arndt says to these man children to get them to stay content at home. There are so many that are well into adulthood staying at home.

It would be nice to have some of these set up with others. Nausicaa25 could you image Sarah Maxwell with one of the older Arndt man children? She would see what fun is but I think they would both short circuit and not know what to do.

Even though Steve would never approve of it in a million years, I think an Arndt/Sarah Maxwell match up would be great. The Arndt boy would get all the mothering he needs, and Sarah would finally get to experience all the fun things she missed out on in childhood (sports, stuffed penguins, building forts, TV, going to amusement parks). Obviously, the marriage would never actually be consummated, but then again, I suspect both partners would see that as a feature and not a bug.

I wanna see the bedroom photo with Cathy's hand on his wittle tummy!

Heaven forfend! Those photos of Mama Arndt and the boy(s) seriously creep me out.

Heaven forfend! Those photos of Mama Arndt and the boy(s) seriously creep me out.

Wait, I can't find it on their page. Is it up yet? Do we have confirmation that the white short shorts have begun their annual appearances????

Boggles my mind!

Free Wizzy!

I noticed the Arndts haven't been posting much on their website (aside from Dad's diary). Perhaps they've realized that no one cares about their creepy boring lives? (except us, ha).

I noticed the Arndts haven't been posting much on their website (aside from Dad's diary). Perhaps they've realized that no one cares about their creepy boring lives? (except us, ha).

I noticed that too and I think it was earlier stated that none of the boys were really participating on it anymore. Then once that was said they started posting for a while again; now it's stopped. I haven't seen a cake in the room with Mommy and Daddy in forever! Jeez, what's going on? :penguin-no:

Oh Ardnts you never cease to amaze and really creep me out!

I noticed that too and I think it was earlier stated that none of the boys were really participating on it anymore. Then once that was said they started posting for a while again; now it's stopped. I haven't seen a cake in the room with Mommy and Daddy in forever! Jeez, what's going on? :penguin-no:

How many games of ping pong and foosball are they playing these days that they're to occupied to update the site?

Even though Steve would never approve of it in a million years, I think an Arndt/Sarah Maxwell match up would be great. The Arndt boy would get all the mothering he needs, and Sarah would finally get to experience all the fun things she missed out on in childhood (sports, stuffed penguins, building forts, TV, going to amusement parks). Obviously, the marriage would never actually be consummated, but then again, I suspect both partners would see that as a feature and not a bug.

I wish I could "like" this more than once.

I tried reading Dad's diary today --snicker-- but it's password protected. :(

I tried reading Dad's diary today --snicker-- but it's password protected. :(

You create a username and password for login. As long as you don't mind Daddy Arndt having your e-mail, you should be good to go.

Re the bolded: Me too!

There was a thread here at the beginning of the year/end of last year asking for predictions, and I went out on a limb predicting an Arndt relationship this year. And I SO hope it happens, not so I'm right, but for the sake of whomever is the lucky boy (cos I hope it's a boy/man).

Sarah Maxwell would be ideal for the older sons! Kind of awkward like Amy and Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, but sweet, just the same :)

I think this is really weird. Also I wonder hoe mary elizaberth feels only having brothers lol. oh and you do know the theory that each boy carrying pregnancy raises the chances of homosexuality in boys?

What "Freedom"?? The only way to keep them at home is to make sure they cannot make it outside the home. So, let's just as an example say that the two oldest "Boys" are allowed to go places alone. When they come home do they have to disclose that they walked wistfully past the lingerie or condom isles at Wal-mart? Of, if they are allowed to use the internet [with the Duggar's "special protections" of course] alone and "accidentally" see a celebrity wardrobe malfunction, do they have to confess it? Or does it mean they can shower with the door fully closed? I'm sorry, but I really don't see what "freedom" they can have when they are unwilling to leave.

What "Freedom"?? The only way to keep them at home is to make sure they cannot make it outside the home. So, let's just as an example say that the two oldest "Boys" are allowed to go places alone. When they come home do they have to disclose that they walked wistfully past the lingerie or condom isles at Wal-mart? Of, if they are allowed to use the internet [with the Duggar's "special protections" of course] alone and "accidentally" see a celebrity wardrobe malfunction, do they have to confess it? Or does it mean they can shower with the door fully closed? I'm sorry, but I really don't see what "freedom" they can have when they are unwilling to leave.

The mystery about the Arndt boys is that they are actually allowed a lot of independence. I confuse their names but one travels happily out of state by himself to photograph weddings and quite a few are court stenographers. That is not a "sheltering" type of job. We also have no evidence that their contact with the outside world is nearly as controlled or monitored as closely as the Maxwells, or even the Duggars. The FamTeam concept and Daddy's never-ending video project aside.

They just seem to have no desire whatsoever to leave home and/or get married. They seem eternally stuck about the age of 13. They love living in a dorm, love playing with their brothers. Same sports, same interests, same jokes, same insecurities with the concept of dating and girls, same penguins. Perhaps 13 was generous.

I think the parents put something in the water.

so they are working and just living as a family commune ?! i know people living with their parents in a multigeneration home but heres ponly 2 gens without spouses...

I feel like there has to be some kind of emotional manipulation going on to keep them at home so long. Hearing a phrase like "marriage and independence is scary and dangerous" (awkward example) over and over for your whole life, and then getting it repeated by your umpteen siblings would create an echo chamber of dysfunction that would be really hard to overcome. And if it's sugarcoated with enough penguins, video games, and gym memberships, it must be that much harder to see that you've been abused.

I've been watching Bates Motel and Norma in season one kind of got to me, so that's kind of what I'm thinking of here. Some weird parent-child thing. Not saying Cathy = Norma Bates, though. :lol:

I think this is really weird. Also I wonder hoe mary elizaberth feels only having brothers lol. oh and you do know the theory that each boy carrying pregnancy raises the chances of homosexuality in boys?

But we'll never be able to speculate on their sexuality because they'll NEVER leave home. :lol:

I watched a few of their videos a while back, they are just creepy and excruciatingly boring. The one where the guy gets really, really upset because they photoshop/change the color of his shirt to pinkish. I was drawn, yet repelled. I also could not get over how clean and orderly their rooms were.

I watched a few of their videos a while back, they are just creepy and excruciatingly boring. The one where the guy gets really, really upset because they photoshop/change the color of his shirt to pinkish. I was drawn, yet repelled. I also could not get over how clean and orderly their rooms were.

That makes me wonder if they ever actually argue and fight. They seem to like each other so much but that many people there has to be conflict. However, if that is the extent of it, what are they feeding them? A bit of a giggle and a threat of retaliation, that's not much.

Archived