IGNORED

there's hope for Jinger yet-young mum who grew up fundy&left

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Don't know if this blog has been discussed but I LOVE it

http://ayoungmomsmusingDOTblogspot.com/

About her:

I am a young Protestant Minister's wife and mom of 4 children aged 4 and under. Ms. Action (4) Ms. Drama (3) and Ms. Pooky (1) and Baby Boy. After growing up Protestant Fundamentalist my whole life and attending myriads of different churches as well as "home churching", I find myself feeling pretty agnostic some days

her posts of courting are great!

http://ayoungmomsmusingsDOTblogspot.com ... story.html

Visit

http://ayoungmomsmusingsDOTblogspot.com ... sings.html

for some great articles including motherhood after growing up Quiverfull

So let's hope one day the Duggar girls overcome the fundy parenting and become as awesome as her!

Would be awesome if you guys visited her site and encouraged her-she gets heaps of messages from people saying 'Oh come back to God and fundy life'

I absolutely adore her, though since I'm super shy and never comment, she doesn't know. The fact that she's brave enough, as a minister's wife, to explore different Christian beliefs... the way that she not only recognized that the way of parenting she was taught was wrong, but STOPPED and figured out something better--and then had the bravery to blog about the journey! I hope I end up half as good a mom as she is :)

I was very charmed by her story. Her courship story is realy worth a read. Two people in love and their parents discourage them from even hugging! Their wedding is supposed to be a model for purity but they sneak out to kiss each other in private so that their first kiss at their wedding isn't some sort of object lesson.

that is downright awesome to read about :) glad to see that someone is taking their life in hand on their own terms. :)

I forget how I found her blog a few months ago, but I adore reading her writings, too. I'm really interested in her

"gentle parenting" posts, as hubby & I start to contemplate filling our quiver with more than just cats.

I love her!! She is a real inspiration to me, what with all the non-spanking posts and stuff. lol Spanking was something I always thought was a fact of life. Well, I think I'm gonna try to omit that fact of life from my childrens' lives!!

I really like her blog too. Somebody put up links about her anti-spanking stuff awhile back and I've continued reading her.

I was fascinated by her courtship series. She linked to Lewis on the last courtship post, did anyone else catch that?

• 3 years later...

Have any of y'all read her blog in the last couple of years? Sorry if this was posted somewhere else!

Her partner came out as a trans woman, she came out as a lesbian, they left the ministry, moved, etc. She wrote a whole 9-part series called "Unwrapping the Onion" on it. Gives me hope for other fundies!

(Note: It reads weird because she (the author) uses "he" pronouns to refer to her wife up until part 8, but she (the wife) was involved with the writing of the story, so I'm assuming they both chose to do that because it correlated with which pronouns were being used in real life.)

patheos.com/blogs/permissiontolive/2012/04/unwrapping-the-onion-part-1-a-secret-revealed.html

• 2 weeks later...

i'm friends with melissa on fb and have been following her for quite some time. she is an amazing woman with a lot of love.

Archived