IGNORED

Where can you be punished for blasphemy ?

Marianne

Interesting article, the bits in green make an American fundie drool with envy, except for the fact that the green is Islam and not Christianity.

You would have to put barbed wire around the entire country if Greece's blasphemy laws were actually enforced. Nobody enjoys bringing God, religion, and the saints into their cussing more than Greeks do, and I mean nobody. :lol:

I think the citizens of Maxwell would be released from their imprisonment pretty damn quickly if blasphemy crossed their lips. Steve would turf them out to protect the other 'children'.

Just saw on Facebook a Bollywood actress got 26 years for blasphemy for a song she did in Pakistan

thinkprogress.org/world/2014/11/26/3597460/pakistani-star-blasphemy/

There's blasphemy laws in Germany? That's surprising... though I'd assume it would be enforced more in the south.

There's blasphemy laws in Germany? That's surprising... though I'd assume it would be enforced more in the south.

No , not really... I think the blue marked part on the map is refering either to the law against

"Herabwürdigung religiöser Lehren"/"vilification of religious denominations" (in public), which quite a few countries in Europe enforce to some extend or another (incl. mine) or to some old out-of-use law which are not enforced anymore but theoretically still exist on paper.

I feel like there's a lack of nuance in this map. There's a big difference between "anti-blasphemy laws on the books that are mostly ignored these days" and "anti-blasphemy laws that are enforced through jailing and killing."

No , not really... I think the blue marked part on the map is refering either to the law against

"Herabwürdigung religiöser Lehren"/"vilification of religious denominations" (in public), which quite a few countries in Europe enforce to some extend or another (incl. mine) or to some old out-of-use law which are not enforced anymore but theoretically still exist on paper.

Oh yes... I heard about that law from a Bavarian friend who had sex in a graveyard.

Maxhell.

Maxhell probably would be a worse place to commit blasphemy than Saudi Arabia. At least you can have all of the Pepsi (or Coke) that you wanted.

Archived