IGNORED

always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the

OK, I was killing a few minutes before I head out for the holiday, and checked out Lori's blog--Today's guest writer is Ken. Where he talks about how once upon a time he saved a French woman from "Stinking Thinking" after her husband's suicide. I am a bit amazed anyone actually uses that term in real life, much less in 2014. (Am I wrong to always think of Stuart Smally when I read it)

1. I'm sick of privileged white people pontificating endlessly about Michael Brown, Ferguson's failings and whatever else they've lighted on at that point in time.

2. I'm also sick of people only sharing the horrible stuff going on in Ferguson/St. Louis. You guys (general) see the pictures of the fires, the rioting, the looting, but the national media never sees fit to show you the images and videos of protesters protecting local businesses from looters. They don't show you the hundreds of volunteers that show up every morning to clean up the broken glass, to help the business owners putting their lives back together, to rebuild the city bit by bit -- on their own time, on their own dime. They don't show you the incredible artwork that graces the plywood boards that are either protecting windows or boarding them up. Artists did that, free of charge, to add beauty to the ashes. They don't show you all the gofundme fundraisers that people have started to help business owners who lost everything (insurance doesn't necessarily pay out in cases of civil unrest).

They don't show you any of this. I wish they would. It might give the world a different picture of Ferguson. St. Louis. The people here. The hope and the strength and the dedication of so many.

Archived