IGNORED

Further Proof That Courtship Rules Set by Jim Bob & M

LongDogMom

I remember the episode where Derick proposed to Jill, and when they were driving home afterward he said something like, "we could just go get married right now" (jokingly). And Jill, with a tone of sadness, said "we could, but that wouldn't be a very good testimony." It's always about the image - the Duggar brand. Jill knows the deal, they've got an image to sell! Oh, I mean, other couples to "encourage."

Call me Crazy, but I don't recall in all my years when I was in church, we rate testimonies like the Academy awards...

"Here the nominations for best courtship.....And the award for the most God honoring courtship/ getting saved/life/ works (insert other subject here) goes to?"

Yeah, didn't happen. Everyone sharing their testimony for What God did in their life was acceptable.

Call me Crazy, but I don't recall in all my years when I was in church, we rate testimonies like the Academy awards...

I attended a "born-again" church for a few years with a friend. It seemed like if you didn't have any sort of testimony, you were not really saved. I pretty much left when I felt pressured to give one, which to them apparently was laying all your sins out on the table and thanking for forgiving me and not sending me to hell.

If the Duggars are so pristine and the girls have such guarded hearts, what testimony do they have? Just to brag? :cray-cray:

I attended a "born-again" church for a few years with a friend. It seemed like if you didn't have any sort of testimony, you were not really saved. I pretty much left when I felt pressured to give one, which to them apparently was laying all your sins out on the table and thanking for forgiving me and not sending me to hell.

If the Duggars are so pristine and the girls have such guarded hearts, what testimony do they have? Just to brag? :cray-cray:

That it was SO HARD to not kiss before marriage. The TEMPTATION.

Do the Duggars watch the show? I think I've read that the kids can't watch TV, but what about Jim Bob and Michelle? If so, I wonder if Jinger got in trouble after the Ben and Jessa's engagement episode when they saw the full frontal hug.

Even if they don't watch every episode, I am 100 % certain they watched the engagement. How else would they recreate it?

Even if they don't watch every episode, I am 100 % certain they watched the engagement. How else would they recreate it?

Excellent point? but did you notice how J'Chelle was directing them as if they never saw it? What a flippin' farce.

(Same with Josh's engagement reenactment)

nuh uh uh! according to mr. keller, that was grape juice. :D

And Jesus didn't even give Welch's credit for it.

Archived