IGNORED

Maple Valley/Eclectic Culture Farm Sold

FakePigtails

I was wondering how this family was doing and it turns out that last fall they sold their farm. This "explanation" doesn't make much sense to me though:

I have received many kind emails from you asking why we sold the farm. It is not real deep but in a way I guess it is. We still are following God and it was really miraculous how it sold. **We did not plan to sell the farm but we told God that if He wanted us to sell it we would because it was His anyways. But, we asked Him to just about come down and practically tell us too :). Well, you can figure out the rest... After our 5 years of literal blood, sweat and many tears with some of the most precious times of our lives, God choose to reward us for our hard work is the best way I can say it. It was not an easy decision but it was a good decision. *** The really cool GOD aspect of this entire transaction is that we got to KEEP a part of Maple Valley Farm for us with some of the best of the buildings *** I feel really blessed by this and feel it was another gift straight from God xo

eclecticculturefarm.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-for-spring-2014-while-beat-goes.html

https://www.facebook.com/HomemakerAng

It also looks like they moved to another house (still an old farmhouse) that's now getting called the Maple Valley Homestead. It's not clear how they're supporting themselves now.

I wondered that too. I used to follow Ang when they first bought the farm. At first the blog was fascinating. It was really interesting how the adapted to the off grid lifestyle. They seemed to be more for self sufficiency and a more simple lifestyle and at one point were going to join an Amish church. Then all of a sudden the Amish were kicked into touch, the blog monetised and they were really pushing their farm to be commercial. Their whole outlook seemed to change overnight. I lost interest then, but checked in occasionally and they had completely changed. I wonder if money was tight and a developer gave them an offer they couldn't refuse for the land. Bet their Amish neighbours won't be pleased if they have.

Archived