IGNORED

What bugs you more?

Odd1Out

Dan Beasley married Bethanny Wissiam. Don't know if I spelled that right. Dan somehow managed to get a law education online & passed the bar. He has a brother who "might" have murdered his 1st wife. The Beasley women "claim" it is their choice not to go to college :roll:

Actually I think Josh's new wife (if I got his name right) may have some college education and so does Joe's.

Why is it bad to cut kids off from social media? I think kids should access social media because I don't like the inherent hubris that social media teaches. Cultural indulgence on social media is not a good thing and is shaping our society in very negative ways. I don't get how you can possibly lump that with the other things on that list.

Oops! What I meant was the adults. Some fundies consider them to still be children or at least they are treated like children until marriage. Should have been more specific and said the local & national news or newspapers. It doesn't bother you that there are older kids and full grown adults who have no clue about the rest of the world? Not talking about indulgence, just knowledge.

Agreed. I feel like they want to have their cake and to eat it too. Plus I feel they are more likely to pull people into their beliefs and normalize what are some very hateful and dangerous ways of thinking. I will never forget the cold feeling that went through me when my pop culture loving, tattooed, alcohol drinking former boss looked at me with a nonchalant smile on his face and said "Of course the Holocaust needed to happen, the son is responsible for the sins of the father and the Jews killed Jesus."

It was a great reminder that evil beliefs don't always have a menacing approach, they smile and try to be appealing.

I agree with the bolded. And in my experience, fundie-lites tend to be the biggest hypocrites in town.

Some(like Gary Ezzo)don't even believe in doing that; "they'll figure it out on their wedding night." :roll:

http://www.ezzo.info/Francis/sex.htm

And then a few years later they go to the doctor saying they cant conceive, and find out that to have procreative sex, the penis is not supposed to go up the butt.

And then a few years later they go to the doctor saying they cant conceive, and find out that to have procreative sex, the penis is not supposed to go up the butt.

I have a fundie relative who that happened to. She probably never would have known her husband was doin' it wrong, except that she couldn't conceive. Diagnosis: hymen integrum. She acknowledged, some 50 years later after he had passed away that her husband was gay.

Wow Molly, you just gave me something to google. To be fair, there are some heterosexual couples out there who enjoy anal sex. I'll pass on that :hand:

Definitely the second one. They are more common, and they are the ones that are affecting the vote and public opinion more. People like the Maxwell's don't interact with regular society, and when they do, they are easily identified as extremists. On the other hand, those who blend into society more are able to spread their beliefs easier because those they are recruiting don't feel they have to give up as much. It's far more insidious and detrimental to our country than those who isolate themselves in their houses.

Dan Beasley married Bethanny Wissiam. Don't know if I spelled that right. Dan somehow managed to get a law education online & passed the bar. He has a brother who "might" have murdered his 1st wife. The Beasley women "claim" it is their choice not to go to college :roll:

What?! I want to hear about this brother of Dan's that may have murdered his first wife.

Oops! What I meant was the adults. Some fundies consider them to still be children or at least they are treated like children until marriage. Should have been more specific and said the local & national news or newspapers. It doesn't bother you that there are older kids and full grown adults who have no clue about the rest of the world? Not talking about indulgence, just knowledge.

Social media is more things like Facebook, Instagram, even Wikipedia. That is what I thought you meant! Newspapers, etc., are just plain old media!

Archived