IGNORED

Reality Is ... Laws Don't Protect Children in Showbiz

lizziesmom

Here is a fascinating piece on the 'protection' that exists for children in tv and the movies. I did not break the link. If the mods, feel the link should be broken, please feel free.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/1 ... 75408.html

It sounds like children like Honey Boo Boo, the Duggars, the Goselins, etc. have zero protection when it comes to their appearances on reality programs. It also sounds like there isn't much interest in fixing this problem.

At one point, Kate G. wanted to move the clan to California, but she backed out when she found out about the child star laws there. I'm glad that Pennslyvania put a law in place. I also give credit to June Shannon for setting up trust funds. While we don't know if Boob and Mullet give the kids money or have set up trust funds, I wouldn't be surprised if Boob and Mullet are greedy with their TLC money.

At one point, Kate G. wanted to move the clan to California, but she backed out when she found out about the child star laws there. I'm glad that Pennslyvania put a law in place. I also give credit to June Shannon for setting up trust funds. While we don't know if Boob and Mullet give the kids money or have set up trust funds, I wouldn't be surprised if Boob and Mullet are greedy with their TLC money.

Boob probably holds all of the reins. It wouldn't surprise me if the adult children weren't "strongly encouraged" to voluntarily give their shares of the TLC money to Dim Bulb since they are under his "umbrella of protection", even though 18 is the legal age of majority in AR.

If June Shannon keeps her word about the daughters trust funds than she did the right thing by her daughters and is more deserving of a "Mother of the Year" award than Mullet.

Boob probably holds all of the reins. It wouldn't surprise me if the adult children weren't "strongly encouraged" to voluntarily give their shares of the TLC money to Dim Bulb since they are under his "umbrella of protection", even though 18 is the legal age of majority in AR.

If June Shannon keeps her word about the daughters trust funds than she did the right thing by her daughters and is more deserving of a "Mother of the Year" award than Mullet.

That would be my guess that Boob has "strongly encouraged" his adult children to give their shares of the TLC money to him, with the possible exception of Smuggar as he's got his own family to take care of.

Given how TLC normally operates, they aren't cutting checks for anyone who doesn't ask for one and ask to negotiate a separate contract.

Someone on 19 Kids FB thinks the Duggars give all the TLC money to charity because they don't need it. I have never heard them say this and they have been caught in lies before. They may give away some, but I couldn't imagine Jim Bob giving all that money away so freely. Anyone who believes that needs to take the wool from their eyes. Rental properties can only generate so much income. Duggar fans want to bash Honey Booboo and the Gosselin, yet they cared enough about their kids to set up trust funds and keep them out of states where they don't get protected by acting laws. Hmmm?

Kate Gosselin avoided California because the laws are stronger than in Pennsylvania. The Gosselins didn't set up a trust until the law passed in Pennsylvania. I think Mama June probably did set up a trust but she's aware of all the flack about parents who don't.

I don't know why the Duggar fans make all the wild assumptions such as giving all the earnings to charity. It's so obvious how their standard of living changed after the show began airing.

And I was a fool to think Kate and Jon G did anything to benefit the kids. My bad. But I think the Gosselins did donate to charity as the Thompsons. The Thompsons are active in their community.

Someone on 19 Kids FB thinks the Duggars give all the TLC money to charity because they don't need it. I have never heard them say this and they have been caught in lies before. They may give away some, but I couldn't imagine Jim Bob giving all that money away so freely. Anyone who believes that needs to take the wool from their eyes. Rental properties can only generate so much income. Duggar fans want to bash Honey Booboo and the Gosselin, yet they cared enough about their kids to set up trust funds and keep them out of states where they don't get protected by acting laws. Hmmm?

If JB gives away any money, it's probably to loser right-wing political campaigns, Gothard front groups, or anti-abortion groups. I doubt they'd ever give to a charity that actually helps people with no Jesus strings attached, like the Red Cross or Doctors Without Borders.

Archived