IGNORED

Dame Helen Twerks and SSM Isn't Amused

GolightlyGrrl

Dame Helen Mirren wins a Hasty Pudding Award from Harvard and treats everyone to some twerking. Needless to say, the always classy SSM clutches the pearls and finds this completely appalling.

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2014/01/31/dowager-feminists-pushin-70-and-still-twerkin/#comments

Funny, I know of men who are half of Dame Helen's age who find her smoking hot. You know who they don't find hot? Anti-feminists like Phyllis Schlafly and Dr. Laura.

Women: we have very few role models in our modern liberal society

Bhah. Depends on one's definition of a role model.

She won a prestigious award and had some fun with it. It must suck to have had Humor Removal Surgery, SSM.

She won a prestigious award and had some fun with it. It must suck to have had Humor Removal Surgery, SSM.

No kidding. SSM is such a joyless twat.

SSM is just jealous that by twerking, Dame Helen shows that she could kick SSM's ass in that obnoxious 200 squat challenge she was going on about ...

And I hope I'm that awesome when I'm 68! :cracking-up:

To quote SSM's headship: Shitstain, you will stop talking right now.

Quoted because it gave me the church giggles. Bad :clap: :clap: :clap:

I suspect SSM has zero understanding of what The Hasty Pudding Club is. I'm not Ivy League, but I know enough about culture to know that the whole thing is based on burlesque, satire and cross dressing. The pics show the mc holding a sign that says "Twerking" so it was part of the show/plan. It isn't as though she was winning the nobel piece prize and did a bit of twerking in her excitement. It was the right move in the right situation! SSM has no clue about context, does she?

I love her so much. She brings me such joy for such a miserable husk. Everything she says is completely ridiculous and objectively worthless- there are, I would guess, maybe 9 people in the whole world who could possible agree with her about this, and yet she still talks about it! As if lots of people care and this is an important thing to discuss! Her self-importance is a wonder to behold, though I imagine it stems from huge insecurities.

...somehow I misread this as "Dame Maggie" and was :pink-shock: for a moment! Carry on, carry on...

That would be so cool.

...somehow I misread this as "Dame Maggie" and was :pink-shock: for a moment! Carry on, carry on...

I had to reread a few times myself, I swear I read 'Dame Edna', who has me in stitches sometimes. :pink-shock:

I love her so much. She brings me such joy for such a miserable husk. Everything she says is completely ridiculous and objectively worthless- there are, I would guess, maybe 9 people in the whole world who could possible agree with her about this, and yet she still talks about it! As if lots of people care and this is an important thing to discuss! Her self-importance is a wonder to behold, though I imagine it stems from huge insecurities.

SSM brings you joy? I hope you have other more pleasurable things in your life than SSM's blog.

I hope SSM never comes across that picture of Dame Helen in a red bikini. She was about 63 at the time and looked freaking fabulous. SSM's hand would have a permanent cramp in it from clutching her pearls too hard.

ETA: Dame Edna twerking would make my day!

Liberals, feminists and other progressive types are often accused of being dour and humorless but I rarely see it. For instance, I don't call Phyllis Schlafly "Bitchy Grandma" for nothing. She's always come across as a uptight prig.

SSM brings you joy? I hope you have other more pleasurable things in your life than SSM's blog.

Well, aren't you just a delight.

Helen Mirren is my personal hero. She is everything these passive aggressive, wifely submissive, rigid thinking, classless untalented non-intellects can never be.

Helen Mirren is my spirit animal. Zip it, SSM.

If I'm half as awesome as Dame Helen at any point in my life, I will consider my life a success.

Archived