IGNORED

Cokie Roberts new book for girls

lizziesmom

Not sure where to post this, but Cokie Roberts has a new children's book out honoring our Founding Mothers. I bet its much more accurate than anything in Palin or Limbaugh's attempts to rewrite our history. I plan on getting it for my great nephew's first birthday since I have a pact with his mother to give him collectible, quality children's books for Christmas and Birthdays. (Exposing our boys to women's accomplishments is as important as exposing our girls IMO).

http://www.amazon.com/Founding-Mothers- ... ie+roberts

(I didn't break link because it's Amazon. If that's not appropriate, will the mods please fix?)

I'll have to get a copy to share with my granddaughters. They're a little young for it yet, but I want to copy to keep in my library.

FWIW, the seven women who founded La Leche League were called, once-upon-a-time, the Founding Mothers. Sometime in the 90s, they began to be called the Founders and Drs Greg White and Herb Ratner were counted among them. The Founding Mothers will always be the Founding Mothers.

I have a version of it, not sure if it's for kids though. Each chapter is about a different woman and what she did.

Jim Bob would bust a gut reading it. These women ran the farms, advised their husbands, did whatever was necessary.

I have a version of it, not sure if it's for kids though. Each chapter is about a different woman and what she did.

Jim Bob would bust a gut reading it. These women ran the farms, advised their husbands, did whatever was necessary.

If you bought your book before January of this year, it's the adult version. The kids' book wasn't released until this year.

Archived