IGNORED

Pete Seeger, 1919-2014

E Street Fan

I was just listening to some of his music on itunes the other day.

R.I.P. Pete

This is making my heart break just a little. We all knew it was coming but it's a big loss to the world. I just watched a documentary on Netflix about Greenwich Village and the beginnings of the folk movement. It was very good and worth the time. :cry:

Thanks to my parents, I grew up listening to and learning to appreciate a wide variety of music. I've always been a huge fan of traditional folk and protest music, especially from the late 50s/early 60s. Pete Seeger will be missed but he's left us an incredible legacy. Thank you, Pete.

Thanks to my parents, I grew up listening to and learning to appreciate a wide variety of music. I've always been a huge fan of traditional folk and protest music, especially from the late 50s/early 60s. Pete Seeger will be missed but he's left us an incredible legacy. Thank you, Pete.

I feel old, as a teenager, Pete was my hero......

I feel old, as a teenager, Pete was my hero......

We're probably very close in age.

<-------- Child of the 50s. Ack.

He was a great figure in the folk music movement. I know my mom will be saddened by the news - she's friends with one of his proteges (Jerry Gray of The Travellers) and grew up "in the Movement".

My grandmother used to sing 'If I Had a Hammer' to me as a small child, and it has been in my head all day.

Thought I'd drop off a link to the transcript from the House Unamerican Activities Committee:

peteseeger.net/HUAC.htm

This news made me cry. :( My dad listened to a lot of American folk music, so we grew up with Pete Seeger and company's music.

RIP

HlSpc87Jfr0

I basically learned English by singing songs by Pete Seeger, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Joan Baez, etc.

I went to a small private school founded by old hippies, so everyone knew enough chords to accompany at least a few folk songs, so that was what we did. I loved it and I can definitely see how it has influenced the type of music I enjoy today.

R.I.P. Pete and thank you for the music.

I've been listening to the Pete Seeger radio channel on Pandora since yesterday. I'd forgotten how much I loved Pete. Godspeed, Pete, and may we all live a life as full and interesting as yours was. :(

I cried, too. I'm definitely on the younger side for a Pete Seeger fan (I'll be 26 in two weeks) but I love him. I can only hope that my life is half as full as his was. "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" is one of my favorites, and I particularly like this version that he performed with his grandson.

Archived