IGNORED

Happy Highways: favorite way to pray (more fundie modesty)

Koala

So I was reading the comments on Lori's most recent (rather mundane) post and came across this comment:

My favorite way to pray together, however, is without a stitch of clothing on lying together in bed. I love to hear him pray over me, and hear his other prayers as well. He loves my prayers for him and to hear what else I am praying about as well. It's a beautiful ending to our evening.

After prayer time, we communicate intimately and our King Jesus smiles... and so does my king David.

Happy highways,

Kelley~

HOLY.SHIT. These are the people trying to teach modesty?????? :o

It appears she may have a blog? Have we discussed it here before?

I have heard things like how sex is blessed in a biblical marriage and some people pray before it for extra blessings or whatever, but I have never heard it described so creepily before.

Uh, so I thought that modesty was more than just how you dress, that it had to do with your behavior and how you act...and by default, what you post online. Holy schnikes, that is a terribly immodest thing to post. :shock: If I were a prim and proper fundy looking for religious advice, reading something like that would seem like the equivalent of my grandmother yelling out, "Cocksucking motherfucker!" in the middle of the Sunday sermon.

This appears to be her blog:

kelleyhighway.blogspot.com/

I didn't explore very much -- saw some "the man is the head of the house" shit, but nothing too exciting.

WTH fundies? Nobody wants a play by play of what goes on in your marital bed.

Ummm - kinky?

For me, it would be a real mood killer to be inviting Jesus to bless/watch over my sexual escapades, but hey, whatever lights up your life... :P

Perhaps they have one of those paintings on velvet where his eyes follow you everywhere.........

Hahaha, one of the churches I went to encouraged that. Praying before/after sex. I believe, since it was super conservative, that there was an uptick in couples getting married young but then not being able to turn off OMG SEX IS EVIL AND GOD HATES YOU IF YOU DO IT, so the pastor thought maybe sandwiching it between prayer and blessing would help. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

:? ewwwww :brain-bleach: here enough to share :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

Perhaps they have one of those paintings on velvet where his eyes follow you everywhere.........

My grandmother had a pic in her hallway where, if you turned a certain way, you saw the crucified Jesus, then the Sacred Heart from the other angle. I used to think it was so creepy and said so once, and everyone gasped in horror at my 7 year-old heathenness.

LOL.

Modesty doesn't mean that you never have sex - it just means that it's reserved for the appropriate circumstances.

I don't think that the world needs a play-by-play, but I do tend to assume that couples spend some time together naked. If you think this calls for brain bleach, your heads would explode some days in my office. "Dear counsel: Kindly verify that the x-rated videos of our respective older toad-like clients doing the nasty has been appropriately burned, and provide all concerned with adequate brain bleach so that the images will not spring to mind when I run into said clients at the local supermarket." [Okay, I'm paraphrasing - but the actual letters and emails are still pretty horrible.]

Archived