IGNORED

Happy 32nd Birthday, Sarah Maxwell!

Justme

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Sarah, she isn't much younger than I am and when I think of how different our lives are.....

Maybe she could have a birthday celebration with poor Hannah/Sarah? Girotti who just turned 30 with no prospects in sight either....WHY do these families think this okay for their adult daughters?

I'll be 38 soon, never married, probably won't be although I have had my share of men and do not plan on having kids but I got my associates degree at 20, moved out of my parents house permanently and to another state and have a career I love. I also indulge in hobbies and travel alone sometimes. Every morning I wake up and thank God I'm not a Maxwell or a Duggar.

Happy Birthday Sarah. I hope something comes along this year. Anything at all that would at least help stop your misery, whether it is a courtship, being able to leave home, a job that doesn't involve your dad watching you or even just a friend.

Im almost 10 years younger than Sarah, but I have twice the life experience.

Please, Steve, give Sarah some form of life. Just let her have one friend who is not related to her by blood or marriage.

We should try and get her to meet the Botkins. Theyre nearly as old as Sarah, unmarried and still living at home worshipping their dad. They will at least have something to talk about and she wont be alone anymore.

Happy Birthday Sarah. You're my age. My life is pretty damn dull, but it's rainbows and unicorns compared to yours.

Happy Birthday Sarah. You're my age. My life is pretty damn dull, but it's rainbows and unicorns compared to yours.

I'm few years older than Sarah. This morning I went grocery shopping by myself. Sadly, this simple thing that I have done every Sunday for over a decade, is probably something Sarah has never done even once.

Happy birthday Sarah, my birthday twin. I'm 25 today, and like you haven't made much progress in my life this year either. But at least I know relative stasis is a means to an end, and I have some idea of where I'm going. A life like yours is intolerable, I hope one day you break free.

I'll drink an extra vodka for you tonight.

Happy Birthday, Sarah. I hope whatever small dreams you have for yourself come true this year.

Sarah, if you read here, being married isn't better that being single. Living alone isn't better than living with family. Having children isn't better than not having children. I could go on.

But, freedom to decide how you live, that *is* better than living according to Daddy's rules (explicit or implicit.) Live better, Sarah. Find a way to live better.

Love,

CW

Let me guess. Her birthday post will say she is diligent. She has a heart for Jesus. She's a great help to dad and mom and their 'ministry'. She writes book for Jesus. And, her family delights in her existence.

A 32 year old woman's dream.

I'm not into these lists of all the things I've done or accomplished in my life that Sarah Maxwell hasn't. It wouldn't matter if, by the time I was her age, I'd gotten married, had three kids, finished my PhD, backpacked across Europe, cured cancer and gone to the moon, as long as she was happy and content with her life. But that's the point, she's not. If she were a 32-year-old woman who had independently chosen to not work, live at home, be ultra-religious and write children's books, I'd say more power to her. But she has no power. She has no choice. And every birthday just reinforces the hopelessness of her situation.

I'm not into these lists of all the things I've done or accomplished in my life that Sarah Maxwell hasn't. It wouldn't matter if, by the time I was her age, I'd gotten married, had three kids, finished my PhD, backpacked across Europe, cured cancer and gone to the moon, as long as she was happy and content with her life. But that's the point, she's not. If she were a 32-year-old woman who had independently chosen to not work, live at home, be ultra-religious and write children's books, I'd say more power to her. But she has no power. She has no choice. And every birthday just reinforces the hopelessness of her situation.

But she did choice to be a diligent SAHD, she really, really did. Her parents don't make her, they really, really, really don't. She loves her life, she really, really, really, does. She is so thankful, that her parents guided her and accept her decision, she really, really, really is.

(just anticipating her blog post next week)

But she did choice to be a diligent SAHD, she really, really did. Her parents don't make her, they really, really, really don't. She loves her life, she really, really, really, does. She is so thankful, that her parents guided her and accept her decision, she really, really, really is.

(just anticipating her blog post next week)

Oh, of course! All hail the mighty Steve! I mean... I mean God... praise God... *dead eyed smile* :shock:

My life has no direction. I dropped out of college because of major depression and haven't been able to accomplish 99% of my dreams.

And... Even with the major depression, I'm probably still happier and freer than Sarah. After all, ive finally accomplished a life outside of my parents' house. Still not self supporting, but hoping this is a good first step.

Poor Sarah, unable t even take that sip.

The only thing that comes to mind is The Birthday Dirge.

Happy birthday, happy birthday

Sin and sadness in the air

People dying everywhere

Happy birthday, poor Sarah.......:(

:(

From their blog:

Here are some things we know about you that others might not know.

â—¦You love life.

â—¦You are diligent.

â—¦You are generous.

â—¦You write great books.

â—¦You love blessing others.

â—¦You love the Lord Jesus and delight in serving Him.

â—¦You are determined and will accomplish what you set out to do.

â—¦We pray this will be a year of great blessing in your life.

â—¦We love you!

Your Family

They believe she's determined and accomplish what she sets out to do. How I wish that were true and it wasn't what Steve sets her to do or limits her to doing.

Let me guess. Her birthday post will say she is diligent. She has a heart for Jesus. She's a great help to dad and mom and their 'ministry'. She writes book for Jesus. And, her family delights in her existence.

A 32 year old woman's dream.

It's eerie how close you were. They even used the word diligent.

Sarah has potential for so much more. Its a shame that Steve caged her instead of let her fly free and accomplish all of her dreams.

I, for one, rejoice whenever a SAHD has another birthday. Every SAHD who never marries means an average of 12 fewer fundies in the next generation, or 144 fewer fundies in the generation that follows, or 1728 fewer fundies in the generation that follows that one. Please, dear Maxwell, Botkinettes, J'slaves, and all the other diligent, dutiful, SAHDs, don't settle for anything less than perfect for your headship. Life is good under your father's protection. Dreams and ambitions are highly overrated. That is all.

Holy crap! Loving and serving Jesus is sixth on that list. SIXTH!?!? Jesus has always been Número Uno. I can't believe Steve let that go.

Happy birthday, Sarah. I hope one day you get to really experience all that life has to offer, free of fear, preconceived notions and your father's "protection."

From their blog:

They believe she's determined and accomplish what she sets out to do. How I wish that were true and it wasn't what Steve sets her to do or limits her to doing.

That others may not know? Every Titus2 reader knows that list, cause you publish the exact same list if attributes every year on Sarah's birthday, and 80% of them appear in every other Maxhell Birthday Post too.

How that poor woman hasn't gone all Lizzie Borden on her parents is beyond me. Just thinking about how she and the others live makes me want to go run around in my front yard and scream, just because I can.

Archived