IGNORED

Happy 32nd Birthday, Sarah Maxwell!

Justme

I tried to reply to your comment Wondering. I don't know if it's going to go through or if I deleted it on accident. Anyway, I didn't mean that Steve would be upset with Nathan's relationship with Mel's family. I believe it kills him that he cannot control his granddaughters and who has access to them.

I'll wait and see if my full reply show up, if not - I'll repost the full text.

I don't know, I think Steve-O still tries and sticks his fingers into Nathan an Melanie's live.

Let's take a closer look at the "Auntie's Park." It was laid upon the Aunties hearts (by Steve) about how nice it would be to have a playground in their back yard for Nathan and Melonie's kids. Now on the surface, this seems lovely, how nice is it that the grandparents have playground equipment at their house for when the grandkids come over, so sweet. No doubt that is part of it. However, I also have no doubt that Steve had selfish motives for this as well. Now he can tell Nathan and Melonie, "look we have a nice set of playground equipment at our house, just across the yard. no need to take the girls to the park and play anymore (where there are evil worldly influences), they can just come over and play with their loving aunties (not the heathen children at the park)."

Steve is a sly one.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he is a control freak but I think Nathan is lucky that he was the first to get out of the house so he had the freedom to marry a girl who had parents without exactly the same beliefs. But he certainly learned his lesson -- he made dang sure he didn't make the same mistake with Christopher. NR-Anna's parents are waaaayyy far away so there is no interference there.

Agreed, Steveovah and family weren't as far down the rabbit hole when Nathan married, things were more normal then. He probably doesn't like that he can't totally control his granddaughters and what they might be exposed to but at the same time, Mel's family are their other grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. He's rather stuck with that one and knows it but he can try to avoid that with his other kids. Succeeded with Christopher but with Joseph, that sure didn't work.

I wonder how Gothard and Geoff Botkin, et al, would measure on the creepiness/sociopathic scale. I think possibly higher than Steve but I don't know. The first generation of sicko Patriarchs facinates me. Doug Phillips is almost second generation because of his father, but I'd say sociopath there too.

Gothard is another one who gives off a really creepy feeling, theres just something about him that just doesn't feel right. I would be terrified to be around him, as he is just so creepy, he just feels malevolent.

I wouldn't know who Geoff Botkin was if I fell over him, and Doug Phillips makes me laugh with his costumes and over the top moments and I cant take him seriously at all. He does seem like a narcissist though.

I cant even look at a photo of Michael Pearl. You know that feeling that you just shudder for no reason, like that. Once I was reading an article about him, but it froze on the picture of him, and I couldn't scroll down and had to look away. Those eyes..

As much as it might seem out of character for him, I bet Steve doesn't actually go psycho over Nathan's relationship with Melanie's family. Their marriage was supported by Steve back when he wasn't as psycho as he is now, and N and M have built their family around the combination of both his and her families. He probably doesn't ever socialize with her family, but probably doesn't really condemn Nathan for doing it. He has said before that once his children are married, their lives are their own (something to that effect), so I think (this might be generous) he respects Nathan for the choices he makes for his own family.

He is fortunate that NR-Anna's family lives so far away. I'm sure he still has a lot of influence over Christopher, though not directly and under the same roof anymore.

I mostly agree with this. I think saying he respects Nathan for his choices is being generous, but by his own doctrine Nate is responsible for his own family. Still, I'm sure he is none too thrilled that last month they were at aunt Anna's (Mel's sister) nursing school graduation party. A real party, not a Maxwell "party", with people who's idea of fun isn't crying for lost souls in the darkness.

I just realized that on John's birthday they have his age. They don't do that with Sarah. I wonder if Steve is hoping people won't realize how old she is.

I just realized that on John's birthday they have his age. They don't do that with Sarah. I wonder if Steve is hoping people won't realize how old she is.

What Sarah's birthday posts really need is a "Best Before..." date.

IIRC, they stopped posting Nathan's and Christopher's ages after they turned 30, as well.

I have a much broader definition of evil then. One that hitler fits in and Steve could fit in. Intent doesn't matter to me if you destroy the lives of others.

Archived