IGNORED

Stoning Adult Children-More Craziness On Puritan Board

debrand

Do they actually know what stoning looks like? They can google it and find lots of...interesting...videos. It's fairly nasty, and not very quick.

Imagine having to watch that in person. Your kids would be watching as well, to steer them away from the bad paths in life. Bit like watching executions in North Korea, except they're over and done with much more speedily.

Some people don't know what they're asking for.

I'm sure they assume that they won't be stoned, so it doesn't matter. I think everyone who posts on the Puritan Board assumes that they'll be part of the elect, even if they won't admit it publically.

I saw a video on youtube where a typical fundie strawperson glanced over the issue of homosexuality not hurting anyone (I assume because there is consent and love) she argued that actually homosexuality DOES hurt people because AIDS. She completely ignored such important factors as:

- The highest number of new cases are amongst the white hetero crowd

- That the rate of AIDS amongst the gay community was only so high because people didn't understand how it was spread initially

- That anal sex (between gay men or hetero partners) has the highest chance of transmission

- It is very very hard for lesbians to transmit HIV

- Most importantly, HIV and AIDS occur in heteosexual people too, so if you're going to use that as the ONLY reason gay relationships hurt anyone, you logically have to say hetero relationships are just as harmful, and that lesbian relationships are less harmful than hetero relationships based on the number of HIV transmissions.

They also assume that all gay people are promiscious horndogs. I think this is why fundies are so horrified by domestically minded gay people who want to marry, have kids, and have boring suburban lives, because then they can't claim that the "homosexual lifestyle" is just a 24/7 orgy.

Thought Jesus had something to say about stoning.......

That's what I don't get about people who want to implement old testament law. They are Christians who don't focus on Christ, but all the legalistic things.

Thought Jesus had something to say about stoning.......

But an amazing number of the guys who promote stoning believe they are indeed without sin.

I just realized who the PB people remind me of: the Fisheaters crowd. Both sets of people think they're the intellectual creme de la creme of the Christian world, both want to implement theocracies, and both believe in extreme homeschooling/sheltering. Of course, they'd tear each other apart in real life for having different theologies.

Archived