IGNORED

Getting it right

sparkles

So much of what we read here is depressing, infuriating, baffling and just about very other negative "ing" you can think of. People we read about who profess to know Jesus are the ones who seem to stray the farthest from his message and have probably done more to turn others away from god than bad ol' satan ever could. So when I happened to stumble on this post (I read a lot of food blogs, love to link hop and that's how I found it), even this hard-hearted atheist was moved--it's heartbreaking but ultimately uplifting. If I were searching for faith and belief in a deity, I'd probably find it in the kind of god she talks about in the last two paragraphs. Lori, Zsu ,PP, the Maxwells, the Pearls, etc. take note. This is true faith, based in kindness and love.

Thought I'd share. (Mods, if this isn't in the right place, please move it as needed.)

shaybocks.com/2014/01/01/a-year-with-christ/

Wow. I wish I could feel that in my life. I never have, even when I was a kid going to church 3-4 times a week. I've never felt the presence of god, but it seems to be a huge comfort for her, and a source of support. I'm glad she has that, because what she has been through in the last year would be almost overwhelming for me.

Archived