IGNORED

I saw Larissa today....

teachergirl

I am pretty sure I saw and talked to Larissa today.

I am from Indiana PA and was in our travel agency trying to book a cruise. A woman came in and needed to book a flight but said her husband was in a wheelchair. I had to leave and come back and she was waiting on her when I did. It is a small place so I waited and overheard their conversation. She wanted to go to Miami for a few days but needed a place where they didn't have to leave. It was only until she gave her name that I put 2 and together. ....She also thought about an all inclusive somewhere and I mentioned to her that she could get passports on the fly if she needed. What was sad was that she wanted a spa too in the hotel but that she didn't want to sound "snobby" It was almost as if she felt like she was not entitled to some "me time". She definitely puts Ian first and she seemed very nice.

I know there was speculation that she was pregnant. She did not look it to me.

No snark here, she looks so young to be dealing with this the rest of her life. Her care and concern for him was evident.

I am pretty sure I saw and talked to Larissa today.

I am from Indiana PA and was in our travel agency trying to book a cruise. A woman came in and needed to book a flight but said her husband was in a wheelchair. I had to leave and come back and she was waiting on her when I did. It is a small place so I waited and overheard their conversation. She wanted to go to Miami for a few days but needed a place where they didn't have to leave. It was only until she gave her name that I put 2 and together. ....She also thought about an all inclusive somewhere and I mentioned to her that she could get passports on the fly if she needed. What was sad was that she wanted a spa too in the hotel but that she didn't want to sound "snobby" It was almost as if she felt like she was not entitled to some "me time". She definitely puts Ian first and she seemed very nice.

I know there was speculation that she was pregnant. She did not look it to me.

No snark here, she looks so young to be dealing with this the rest of her life. Her care and concern for him was evident.

Who is Larissa.

Oh poor Larissa. She really has a tough life, with no hope except heaven (in her mind).

Thanks for sharing. I didn't think she was pregnant but glad you could see she wasn't.

Makes me sad.

Larissa is the woman who married her fiance after he had a traumatic brain injury, right? No doubt she deserves some "me" time.

Aw, I get excited to hear from people in Indiana. I'm from Altoona and went to IUP. I miss it there so much!

Larissa and I actually were in the same year at IUP, and I'm pretty sure we were in the same dorm. We have a lot of mutual floormates as friends on Facebook.

I'm glad to hear she is trying to care for herself. Oddly, I would much rather donate $100 for her to get a massage than to the "Anderson Family Fund."

well it sounded like a anniversary trip for them. She mentioned they went to Annapolis for that but she wanted a beach. There were just so many details she had to worry about with him, the flight, the hotel, wanting a restaurant there so they wouldn't have to rent a car, it made me sad to think about how EVEERYTHING is difficult for her.

She wanted to stay by the beach but then needed to be by the airport too. It just sounded like they needed a break but even in the planning of that she doesn't get one.

I've only followed them loosely, I didn't realize they were so close to home. I'm from the Murrysville-Greensburg area.

• 1 month later...
FYI that Larissa did post pics of her vacation on her web site:

prayforian.blogspot.com

Looks like they had a good time.

They keep posting that he's walking.

They keep posting that he's walking.

In December she said he could walk about 10 steps on a treadmill, holding the rails. Maybe he can walk a few steps unassisted, but he obviously still needs plenty of help.

Archived