IGNORED

Western Conservatory: The Botkins get a facelift

Olive Plant

Marian the Librarian commented on this a few days ago in the Dougie megathread, so I checked it out and I think she's onto something. Team Botkin has a new facelift here: http://westernconservatory.com/about/team featuring classy photos of the entire family. Basically it looks like the boys aren't leaving and cleaving when they get married, they're bringing new blood into the labor pool.

I was interested to see Elizabeth listed as "chief writer" and Anna Sofia listed as "chief concept artist." Reading everyone's individual bios it becomes very clear that the two girls might be the brains and the face of the brand, especially if it's true that Geoff is suffering from some mysterious illness. Or maybe that's what they're supposed to think they are to make their eternal confinement more tolerable.

Check out the advisory board link at http://westernconservatory.com/board-of-advisors and near the bottom you'll see Gregory Botkin, Geoff's brother listed: "Scientist Gregory Botkin is an American physician who holds several advanced degrees in the biological sciences. He is currently chief of staff for a progressive Idaho hospital. Current research projects center on alternate energy sources that can be derived from microorganisms. He is the homeschooling father of five." Is this a new development? I find it hard to believe that Gregory is actually doing much in the way of advising to Geoff's projects, and it's really funny to see him listed as "the homeschooling father of five" as if he and his family are all gung-ho on Geoff's lifestyle when it's well-known that at least one of Gregory's five "homeschooling" children has criticized Geoff and patriarchy in general.

I wasn't following Western Conservatory that closely before but it seems like they're positioning themselves to try to get a piece of the pie left by Dougie's absence. Lots of products for sale! New, softer look with everyone actually smiling! People on the advisory board!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They look and sound so freaking pretentious.

Hence, they are perfect for the VF crowd.

Its good that they have actually pointed out that these two women have some use to the team and aren't just walking uteruses. They actually make it seem like the both of them are in charge of making decisions and leading people and stuff.

Marian the Librarian commented on this a few days ago in the Dougie megathread, so I checked it out and I think she's onto something. Team Botkin has a new facelift here: http://westernconservatory.com/about/team featuring classy photos of the entire family. Basically it looks like the boys aren't leaving and cleaving when they get married, they're bringing new blood into the labor pool.

I was interested to see Elizabeth listed as "chief writer" and Anna Sofia listed as "chief concept artist." Reading everyone's individual bios it becomes very clear that the two girls might be the brains and the face of the brand, especially if it's true that Geoff is suffering from some mysterious illness. Or maybe that's what they're supposed to think they are to make their eternal confinement more tolerable.

Check out the advisory board link at http://westernconservatory.com/board-of-advisors and near the bottom you'll see Gregory Botkin, Geoff's brother listed: "Scientist Gregory Botkin is an American physician who holds several advanced degrees in the biological sciences. He is currently chief of staff for a progressive Idaho hospital. Current research projects center on alternate energy sources that can be derived from microorganisms. He is the homeschooling father of five." Is this a new development? I find it hard to believe that Gregory is actually doing much in the way of advising to Geoff's projects, and it's really funny to see him listed as "the homeschooling father of five" as if he and his family are all gung-ho on Geoff's lifestyle when it's well-known that at least one of Gregory's five "homeschooling" children has criticized Geoff and patriarchy in general.

I wasn't following Western Conservatory that closely before but it seems like they're positioning themselves to try to get a piece of the pie left by Dougie's absence. Lots of products for sale! New, softer look with everyone actually smiling! People on the advisory board!

Nadia Botkin:

She would love to show the Bride of Christ the joy and power of extremely close friendship and collaboration in marriage.
WTF?

Gregory Botkin isn't listed as Chief of Staff of the Boundary Community Hospital, he's listed as doing emergency room and a family medicine practice. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if his achievements were a bit gilded. The biographies try to paint each family member as super-achievers, but without actually going into enough detail that anyone could confirm those achievements.

That said, Anna Sofia and Audri both look really professional and welcoming in the photos. I think they're a vast improvement on previous pics that have been posted of the two women.

Hence, they are perfect for the VF crowd.

Yep - pretentious is what they are. It's called trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Jesus Christ. Who is writing the blips on each family member? They are trying so hard to sound intelligent, that each of the paragraphs are just nonsensical walls of texts.

Gregory Botkin isn't listed as Chief of Staff of the Boundary Community Hospital, he's listed as doing emergency room and a family medicine practice. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if his achievements were a bit gilded. The biographies try to paint each family member as super-achievers, but without actually going into enough detail that anyone could confirm those achievements.

That said, Anna Sofia and Audri both look really professional and welcoming in the photos. I think they're a vast improvement on previous pics that have been posted of the two women.

I wonder if he even knows he's on the "advisory board." It would not surprise me if he was totally unaware he was listed as such. Someone should tell him.

And yes, it's like women can be professional too or something. So bizarre.

Jesus Christ. Who is writing the blips on each family member? They are trying so hard to sound intelligent, that each of the paragraphs are just nonsensical walls of texts.

They asked Doug Wilson to help out.

Whoa, Noah has grown up, he is kinda cute! His bio says he is exploring alternative energy, invention, agriculture, music, and new avenues for Christian engineers. I have always had a thing for guys who explore new avenues for Christian engineers (so manly). Should I go for it? How old is he?

Whoa, Noah has grown up, he is kinda cute! His bio says he is exploring alternative energy, invention, agriculture, music, and new avenues for Christian engineers. I have always had a thing for guys who explore new avenues for Christian engineers (so manly). Should I go for it? How old is he?

Right I'm imagining designers of tithe bridges instead of toll bridges...

Honestly, I have no idea whatsoever what this means. Does he like reading those topics on Wikipedia?

Right I'm imagining designers of tithe bridges instead of toll bridges...

Honestly, I have no idea whatsoever what this means. Does he like reading those topics on Wikipedia?

He probably has thought of a cool lego project. Groundbreaking actually.

And why Christian engineers specifically?

Lucas is the one I'd go for myself.

Meh. Lucas isn't exploring anything and manly menz explore. They go on hazardous journeys while wearing costumes and rescuing women and children first.

Meh. Lucas isn't exploring anything and manly menz explore. They go on hazardous journeys while wearing costumes and rescuing women and children first.

I was going purely based on looks. Excuse me, I am shallow :lol:

I was going purely based on looks. Excuse me, I am shallow :lol:

I forgive you, since you have repented in dust and ashes for your heathen shallowness. I am a pure Christian maiden and therefore think more lofty thoughts than you.

I forgive you, since you have repented in dust and ashes for your heathen shallowness. I am a pure Christian maiden and therefore think more lofty thoughts than you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your generous forgiveness. Anyway, I think I'm beyond salvation when it come to that particular sin...

Because I am kind of a twunt, I shot a message to Western Conservatory's "Contact Us" link. I expressed an interest in the conservatory, and asked for information on degree programs, tuition, fees, and on-campus housing. No response yet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am also really interested by the description of Gregory Botkin, as mentioned above. Aside from inflating his achievements, what do they mean by "progressive hospital". This seems to be trying to imply that his hospital is a research hospital, which based on a brief google search, it isn't. It isn't even a trauma center. I am also interested in the use of the word "progressive" since it tends to be used colloquially for liberals. I wonder if they knew that when they used the term.

As for the photos, the combination of plastered on smiles with dead eyes give me uncanny valley vibes.

I am also really interested by the description of Gregory Botkin, as mentioned above. Aside from inflating his achievements, what do they mean by "progressive hospital". This seems to be trying to imply that his hospital is a research hospital, which based on a brief google search, it isn't. It isn't even a trauma center. I am also interested in the use of the word "progressive" since it tends to be used colloquially for liberals. I wonder if they knew that when they used the term.

As for the photos, the combination of plastered on smiles with dead eyes give me uncanny valley vibes.

I asked a question and just got a reply: http://kbotkin.com/2013/11/30/psychopaths-testosterone-leadership-patriarchy/#comment-2589

So it sounds like he was unaware that he was on this "advisory board" and probably did not write the bio. I had a feeling!! From what I know of their family dynamics, it seemed really weird that he would actually be doing stuff with Western Conservatory.

So maybe they did mean progressive that way? Also, are all the board memebers unaware that they are board members? Also, the line about "alternative energy" makes me wonder if Noah, the supposed expert on alternative energy is trying to steal some idea of his "progressive" uncle.

^ Olive Plant, you are awesome. Just read your comment and her reply. So:

1. He was unaware he was on the advisory board, until today

2. He is not a homeschooling father of 5

3. He is not into patriarchy

4. After today he will no longer be featured on that website. . . . .

This Botkin niece has very politely said 'they are full of shit'

Archived