IGNORED

In other news, conservatives don't like 'Kinky Boots'

weirdghostboo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/2 ... 60035.html

(Not breaking link because it's the Huffington Post and I sincerely doubt they care)

Personally, I liked the performance. I suppose I like the musical and the performance even more, considering it pissed off a load of conservatives.

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx8wyfKvkWY (Can't figure out embedding, sorry)

Just shows that conservatives don't have taste, really.

I loved the performance from Kinky Boots! It's so full of joy and life. I'd seen it during the parade and, frankly, it was the best part of the whole thing. When I clicked on the link, I had to watch it twice -it's that good!

I enjoyed it and the conservaturds hate it that is just all the more reason to like it.

My daughter was at my moms house and watched the parade with her. Mom's 89 and she loved it. She said she wished the show would come to LA because she'd go and see it. I guess I'll have to hook the computer up to her new TV and get the movie for her.

What exactly do they like? It seems like all we hear about is what they disapprove of.

They like to talk about sex. A lot. And they like lots of public displays of sex-having, like sloppy long gropey kisses and handsex and that sort of thing.

Just watched the video and ummmmm, it would be super easy to explain to kids what it's about without explaining what "gay" "transvestite" or anything similar are.

It's announced as a cabaret act (no "naughty" words there) and the entire performance doesn't use a single "naughty" word.

Which means you only "have" to explain why the men are wearing boots and why some men are wearing costumes.

How about "It's a show about a factory that makes boots that women normally wear for men to wear when they perform on stage. Men usually have bigger feet than women so they need a special factory to make the big boots. And this is how they advertised the boots -just like ads on tv, sometimes people dress up and do silly dances and sing silly songs."

(Well, that is about how I would phrase it for my 4yo. Pretty sure you could paraphrase that to explain it to kids up to the age where you "have" to teach them all about the "ebul gayz" and "libiral media" and all the other evils of the world :roll: )

OR people could just get a life....

Damn. I'm sorry I missed the parade. Those were some amazing boots.

I'm not surprised conservatives were offended. It's been a slow week for them- Obamacare has bad press, no televangelists have had any sex scandals, and there's nothing in the news about Hilary Clinton. I'd say they were offended for lack of another target.

I'm not surprised conservatives were offended. It's been a slow week for them- Obamacare has bad press, no televangelists have had any sex scandals, and there's nothing in the news about Hilary Clinton. I'd say they were offended for lack of another target.

Good one!!

I'm personally in the opinion that they don't like it because they feel threatened by the fact that a man looks damn good in a red dress and thigh high red boots.

Also, on a side note, but did Priscilla: Queen of the Desert get any bad press when they performed at the Parade in 2011? Or did they manage to avoid it because only 2 of the leads were in drag?

Did they also complain about the Matilda performance? It is a story about an independent young girl who rebels against authority figures, after all.

Did they complain about the Sound of Music performance? Rebellious teenage love and *gasp* kissing at the end between two people who are probably not married to each other.

Seriously, you don't have to get into such deep conversations unless your child asks/is at an age and maturity level to understand the complexities of the situation. I can imagine my conversation with the little people would have been something like "That lady looks like a man." He actually is a man. "Is that lady a man too?" Well, they aren't women, they are men who are wearing costumes for the play they are in. Like the people who wear costumes for Cats or Mary Poppins or... "Wow, those mans (sic) like wearing big, sparkly boots." Yes they do. Conversation shifts to asking about post-lunch pie and/or location of some missing toy.

They like to talk about sex. A lot. And they like lots of public displays of sex-having, like sloppy long gropey kisses and handsex and that sort of thing.

That sounds more like some of the fundies we follow than any conservatives that I know. Most don't like PDAs and the only time they talk about sex is when they express disapproval of homosexual lifestyles.

Damn. I'm sorry I missed the parade. Those were some amazing boots.

And don't forget, Sarah Palin didn't announce she's running for President in 2016 and the Duggars didn't announce they are "expecting."

I loved the "Kinky Boots" movie and I probably would love the musical. Bummer, I missed the "Kinky Boots" number in the parade. I did see a performance from "Kinky Boots" during this year's Tony Awards and I loved it, so much fun and so joyous. No wonder the fundies hated it. Fundies are where fun and joy go to die.

If those conservatives realized that the female parts in Shakespeare plays were originally done by boys in drag as women were banned from acting, they would try to ban those from being taught in schools. I loved that "Kinky Boots" performance, and I would love to see the entire show.

Wait...there's a Kinky Boots Movie? I had no idea--I thought it was a play only. So where would one find Kinky Boots the movie? Netflix? Redbox? Would it be appropriate for a Rupaul's Drag Race-loving 10 year old girl to watch?

Wait...there's a Kinky Boots Movie? I had no idea--I thought it was a play only. So where would one find Kinky Boots the movie? Netflix? Redbox? Would it be appropriate for a Rupaul's Drag Race-loving 10 year old girl to watch?

The movie is PG-13, but you'd be the best judge if it's appropriate for your daughter to watch. I don't recall anything too offensive or too grown-up for a 10-year-old. The only kinky thing about "Kinky Boots" is its title. And I love it that your daughter watches "Rupaul's Drag Race." Sounds like a cool kid.

Here is the IMDB page for "Kinky Boots."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434124/

Where I'm baffled is that these people are up in arms over the faaaabulous Miss Billy Porter in his gorgeous red dress (and amazing performance!) and the Angels in drag, but yet, the circus performers in the cast of Pippin were way, way, way more scantily clad than the Angels were and nary a peep about that.

I am surprised that they aren't complaining about the shot of Santa making his big debut with a HUGE Victoria's Secret billboard in the background.

I'm assuming they're not complaining about Pippin because the women there aren't men pretending to be women. Or whatever logic goes on in their stupid, twisted minds.

Archived