IGNORED

Fundie couples who HAVENT procreated immediately.....

teachergirl

so with the not surprising news of Amanda and Matthew Wilkes being pregnant immediately I thought we could make a list of couples who have a "reasonable" amount of spacing or no children yet.

I have not included couples like the Loomis or Botkins as they have had back to back pregnancies.

Rachel and Alan Busenitz

Kori and Andrew Wissman

Dustin and Hannah? Dornik. She is a Burnett, ATI family.

Abi and Josiah Wissman: 2 kids in 5 years

Katie and Phillip Bradrick 2 kids in almost 5 years

Steven and Lacie Bowman

Dustin and Dinah Reeder: very recently married: August maybe?

Beth (Serven) and Jonathan Van der Tolle? 2 kids in 4 year, no announcement that we know of.

Have I missed any? I truly believe the ATI families plan their weddings around their cycles and go at it when they know they are most fertile. I don't believe for one second they are "surprised" when they end up pregnant right away.

The Maxwell wives. Not sure exactly the time frame but they definitely didn't get pregnant right away.

Yeah, I believe Melanie didn't conceive for four years and NR Anna took a year. Melanie obviously has had fertility issues, but Anna doesn't seem to.

Deanna from LIAS has been married a year and hasn't gotten pregnant.

I know this is a fundie snark site, but as a PSA I'll remind folks that not every failure to conceive is a matter of choice, nor does every pregnancy naturally continue to term. Fertility is also not an all-or-nothing matter - secondary infertility exists, and plenty of couples may have fertility issues but still manage to have some children.

As much as anyone may dislike what some fundies teach, I'm not going to buy into harmful misconceptions or horrible practices like "tummy watching".

On average it takes about 4 mo. to conceive.Of those,also consider that 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage.Nature is the greatest natural taker of life.

I would hope they would plan their weddings around their cycle.I know I certainly didn't want mine to be that time of the month.lol.Of course nowadays you can use hormones to totally skip it altogether if you wish.I wish I'd had that back then. :)

Also for these women who are virgins on their wedding night,the desire is probably increased if it's during ovulation,likely making it much easier for their first time.I can't argue against that.

I know this is a fundie snark site, but as a PSA I'll remind folks that not every failure to conceive is a matter of choice, nor does every pregnancy naturally continue to term. Fertility is also not an all-or-nothing matter - secondary infertility exists, and plenty of couples may have fertility issues but still manage to have some children.

As much as anyone may dislike what some fundies teach, I'm not going to buy into harmful misconceptions or horrible practices like "tummy watching".

Agreed. Not to mention that even couples with no fertility issues will have a wide range in how long it takes for a pregnancy to occur. Add in multiple children and you'll have even greater variation as some women will get pregnant a a couple months after giving birth despite exclusively breastfeeding, while others might not ovulate until several months after weaning. And even for the same woman this can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy.

So speculating on who might be purposefully spacing / limiting family size seems kind of pointless at best.

All of that^^^

And in the case of some couples, I'm pretty sure the long gap between the wedding and the first baby has a lot to do with taking the whole sex thing reeeeeaaaaalllly slow. I'm pretty sure Chris and NR Anna didn't go past holding hands for the first 3 months. Possibly 6. (and I can't say I blame them. Can you imagine having to get past all the baggage that they've had dumped on them by the likes of Steve?)

yeah, snarking on possible infertility is not something I'm up for. It's possible those couples are trying and having their heart broken every month; it's possible they are intentionally avoiding pregnancy. Who knows? Either way, I don't want to be the snark equivalent of my in-laws wondering why I don't have a baby yet, without the slightest idea how fucking insensitive their comments are...

QFT

Regardless of the way they will probably treat any babies they might eventually have, snarking on infertility is just mean. Be relieved they don't have too many babies too fast, hopeful they will break the programming and be good parents, but shut out about their possible infertility.

QFT

Regardless of the way they will probably treat any babies they might eventually have, snarking on infertility is just mean. Be relieved they don't have too many babies too fast, hopeful they will break the programming and be good parents, but shut out about their possible infertility.

AMEN.

yeah, snarking on possible infertility is not something I'm up for. It's possible those couples are trying and having their heart broken every month; it's possible they are intentionally avoiding pregnancy. Who knows? Either way, I don't want to be the snark equivalent of my in-laws wondering why I don't have a baby yet, without the slightest idea how fucking insensitive their comments are...

this. i'm infertile and getting married very soon and i know that soon after that constant talk of "soooo... pregnant yet?" will happen. heartbreaking considering my fiance and i had been trying to concieve since march 2012 without any success.

I wonder if NR-Anna Maxwell was upset she didn't get pregnant on her wedding night. Considering this was suppose the whole purpose of getting married.

Okay, did I miss something? Are we talking about Matthew and Amanda Wilkes(nee Neely)? Because I looked at both the Wilkes and Neely blogs and no evidence of them being pregnant. Was there a Tweet or a Facebook post? Or was it a different couple named Matthew and Amanda?

Okay, did I miss something? Are we talking about Matthew and Amanda Wilkes(nee Neely)? Because I looked at both the Wilkes and Neely blogs and no evidence of them being pregnant. Was there a Tweet or a Facebook post? Or was it a different couple named Matthew and Amanda?

trustinghisgoodness.com/

comments section

Thanks! Oh yes, Amanda(nee Munck) and Joe aren't pregnant yet either(not announced anyway if they are) and they've been married about as long as this couple. I gotta say, when there was an "update" on Rachel and Alan on the Wissmann blog, that was my first thought......but hey, here's proof that updates on married kids doesn't have to be pregnancies! Progress made......

I just want to say I NEVER wanted to offend anyone here who is struggling with infertility. It makes me so very sad when people struggle with wanting to have children.

I guess I wanted to see who follows the ideology, who seems happier with fewer/spaced out kids and to possibly discuss the quickness with which these couples get pregnant.

I just want to say I NEVER wanted to offend anyone here who is struggling with infertility. It makes me so very sad when people struggle with wanting to have children.

I guess I wanted to see who follows the ideology, who seems happier with fewer/spaced out kids and to possibly discuss the quickness with which these couples get pregnant.

Which amounts to finger pointing at infertile people. Apology accepted, and hopefully lesson learned?

I appreciate that you never wanted to offend anyone.

I know that most "tummy watchers" would never intend to cause the tremendous hurt and pain that comes along with such speculation. I know that the woman who told me that it was time to make another baby when she saw my daughter, and said "Try harder!" after I told her, "I'm trying" didn't know that I had already been trying to conceive for months, and that I had just had 2 back-to-back miscarriages, nor was she aware that her words caused me to immediately run out of the building to avoid having everyone see me breaking down in tears.

Since I experienced that pain, I feel an obligation to point out faulty assumptions and explain why "tummy watching" is wrong.

You know if someone has a smaller family or gaps between children due to birth control or fertility issues, unless they tell you. Period. I'm close to a religious woman on my street. She had her first 4 children fairly quickly, and then there was a gap. I remember my mom saying to me, "Oh, I guess she decided to stop or have a break", while I knew that she was struggling with repeat miscarriages and seeking treatment. She had 3 more kids, and now her youngest is almost 4. She hasn't stopped by choice - she just had a stillbirth and is devastated.

Deanna from LiaS, married over a year and not pregnant, mentioned last week on her blog that she and her husband might be moving away from her family in San Antonio next year--

"Oh and one other thing, depending on how and whether things work out jobwise, we may be moving out of state in a year or so. Maybe even sooner. O.O

Scary shit, yo."

Run Deanna, Run! Before you are swamped by the sinking Vision Forum empire.

Archived