IGNORED

Fundie Couple on Dr. Phil

bionicmlle

So Dr. Phil had a teen mom on today with a skirt-wearing-long-haired-bible-thumping set of parents who go so far to have cameras installed inside/outside home, a keypad for her to enter home that records 10 sec of video whenever activated that sends to the dad, recorders on all phones/emails, etc., etc. She is 19! She needs to get a job and get the hell out but seriously these people are nuts. "I really feel that if she had God in her life she wouldn't be where she is." I half expect the mother to say "I learned it by watching YOU! Steve Maxwell."

So Dr. Phil had a teen mom on today with a skirt-wearing-long-haired-bible-thumping set of parents who go so far to have cameras installed inside/outside home, a keypad for her to enter home that records 10 sec of video whenever activated that sends to the dad, recorders on all phones/emails, etc., etc. She is 19! She needs to get a job and get the hell out but seriously these people are nuts. "I really feel that if she had God in her life she wouldn't be where she is." I half expect the mother to say "I learned it by watching YOU! Steve Maxwell."

I saw that too! They also didn't believe her that she was sexually assaulted until after her lie detector test. How sad. :(

I only watched part of it, because the parents were making me very angry. The mother was especially bad about seeing only the 'bad' in her daughter, and whined constantly about how it was so very hard on the mother to have a daughter like the teen mom. Anyway, the mother was obviously trying to either drive her daughter away or to find enough evidence of teen mom being a bad parent - mother made no secret of wanting to adopt the granddaughter.

I saw that too! They also didn't believe her that she was sexually assaulted until after her lie detector test. How sad. :(

Literally *Just* finished watching this on my DVR. Mom did actually beleive her. It was the stepdad who seemed to be unsure. I also think it seemed like he was the one with all the recorders and cameras, etc.

Mom seemed to believe that the sexual abuse was the cause of all her daughter's teen rebellion etc.

I was actually feeling badly for both mom AND daughter, until Mom made the 'I could do a better job' comment about raising the grandchild and also stating that she wanted to adopt the baby. Stepdad didn't seem really thrilled with that idea at all.

I hope both mom and daughter get help. The mom did seem to care for her daughter but seemed kind of clueless as to what to do with her at this point.

Depends on your definition of fundie. Mom looked Pentecostal to me, at least she looked like the Pentecostal ladies around where I live. Like most of the Pentecostal ladies around here, she had a full time job, her kid went to public school, etc. She had given her daughter a car and a cell phone in high school, apparently, b/c she talked about taking them away (in high school) as punishment. Apparently daughter had some time to date/be alone with boys, b/c she did get pregnant. The daughter talked about them not believing in cutting your hair (a Pentecostal thing), wearing makeup, and wearing long skirts (also typical of pentecostals).

* by the way, I mean the UPCI church when I'm saying Pentecostal. The term Pentecostal can actually encompass a lot of different denominations and many of them do not have these 'standards'.

Step dad seemed like a jerk to me.

Literally *Just* finished watching this on my DVR. Mom did actually beleive her. It was the stepdad who seemed to be unsure. I also think it seemed like he was the one with all the recorders and cameras, etc.

Mom seemed to believe that the sexual abuse was the cause of all her daughter's teen rebellion etc.

I watched this too (I was wanting to see Antonio Sabato Jr and got sucked into the crazy). Wasn't Mom wearing slacks? Stepdad mentioned that he won't be alone in a room with the step-daughter (or maybe the baby? I was speed-watching), in case she accuses him of something. He just looked like a car salesman or something, it bugged me. The parents seem like real pieces of work, but from the audio recordings, the daughter wasn't any prize herself. Parents are over-suspicious, I thought - they change the keypad code at 11 p.m., so if she's late getting home, she sleeps in the garage/car. She either needs to move out, or be a contributing member of the family.

Phil basically seemed to blame Mom for how Daughter turned out - you raised her, if she's lazy/unmotivated/a slob, it's your fault. And then the drug test - Daughter tested positive for benzodiazepans (I think?). Hell, if I was getting put on TV, I might be wanting a little Valium myself, but then I hate having lots of people looking at me.

I'm watching it now and the daughter seems like an asshole. The way she spoke to her mother on the home recording was atrocious. She should help around the house. She doesnt work or go to school or pay rent. I don't blame the dad for setting up the doors to lock after a certain time but his other surveillance methods are insane. But it's his house. What's really sad is the lack of relationship between the mom and daughter. It would be better if the stepdad backed off.

I watched this too (I was wanting to see Antonio Sabato Jr and got sucked into the crazy). Wasn't Mom wearing slacks? Stepdad mentioned that he won't be alone in a room with the step-daughter (or maybe the baby? I was speed-watching), in case she accuses him of something. He just looked like a car salesman or something, it bugged me. The parents seem like real pieces of work, but from the audio recordings, the daughter wasn't any prize herself. Parents are over-suspicious, I thought - they change the keypad code at 11 p.m., so if she's late getting home, she sleeps in the garage/car. She either needs to move out, or be a contributing member of the family.

Phil basically seemed to blame Mom for how Daughter turned out - you raised her, if she's lazy/unmotivated/a slob, it's your fault. And then the drug test - Daughter tested positive for benzodiazepans (I think?). Hell, if I was getting put on TV, I might be wanting a little Valium myself, but then I hate having lots of people looking at me.

How could this poor girl get through an hour of that without chemical help? Poor thing.

The step dad is saying, btw, that she is lying about her rape. "Well, if she's willing to accuse HER RAPIST, who else is next?!"

That stepdad needs his head examined.

And the MOM, Jesus Christ. She knew the girl was accusing someone and she didn't even mention it in her letter.

"She needs God and to give US her baby."

Archived