IGNORED

Mormons cover One Direction/modesty merge

artschooldropout

:shock:

1. They can't sing that well.

2. Who are they?

3. I feel embarrassed for them just watching that.

4. "If you could only understand what I see then you will understand why I need your modesty" :roll: "If you could only understand how seeing guys(not these but I'm sure they look hot to some girls)in suits and ties looks to me then you will understand why I need your modesty and a different choice of clothing." Yeah, bet they wouldn't go for that.

5. Really, that was just so awkward to watch.

That was pretty cringe worthy. I wonder if they are affiliated with the LDS church since "stake" was mentioned in the video description.

That was pretty cringe worthy. I wonder if they are affiliated with the LDS church since "stake" was mentioned in the video description.

Could be. The whole thing is a tad too worldly for fundie/fundie-lite types

I googled Stakes Standards Night and LDS wards or stakes host the events which are geared towards young women. My guess is that the video was made for one of those events.

it's the LDS church. the (incongruous, IMHO) older black gentleman is alex boye of the mormon tabernacle choir

One of the members is Muslim. Don't know the religion of the others, but pretty sure it's not Mormon.

As a One Direction fangirl (well, really just a fan of one of them), I find this blasphemous!

Is it Harry? If so, hands off, he's mine!

This is the commercial I get before the video. Priceless.

http://www.poopourri.com/

So the only Mormon is Utah that can sing is a middle aged black man? And his skin hasn't even turned white and delightsome....

This is epic on so many levels--the level of defrauding going on by the guys themselves (when my gaydar isn't redlining), the fact that they equate integrity with the way women dress, the token older black man (because someone has to sing the bass line), oh, just watch it. It's a wonder.

http://youtu.be/oartIE7rKuM

If it wasn't Mormons i'd wonder if David Waller helped produce this. Saw several a guys that could be his double!! And probably about how he dances (if he dared dance).

One of the guys looks like a young Christian Nielson (NieNie's husband)

I know the point of this thread is to comment on the creepiness of young Mormon guys hijacking a love song and turning it into a dirge about modesty, but...

I LOVE One Direction. How can five guys be so perfect and be together in the same band? It just isn't fair. And they have accents. If that isn't illegal I don't know what is.

And if we're going to really snark and have double standards, then one guy in particular wasn't too modest in wearing tight pants that enhanced his package.. :lol:

Good for the goose and all

I wonder if this group got permission to sample this song? Most artists and record companies don't like their work messed with without permission. Anybody remember Vanilla Ice sampling "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie? Here's his interview on MTV (back when MTV played music videos and music related programming). He didn't get permission to sample from "Under Pressure" and he's trying to cover his ass and make excuses.

dLYCYEPepgg

Granted nobody cares if this kind of thing is happening on a small scale. But if the video the OP posted has gone viral and is being used regularly in some fashion, the group sampling this song will need to pony up some cash to do so or be faced with a lawsuit.

Also, they do it to encourage girls to be modest. Just as cringe-worthy as you would think. :puke-front:

That is appalling. If I were a teenaged girl, that video would inspire me to dress as "immodestly" as possible purely out of spite.

oartIE7rKuM

Forgetting the fact that they sing like an elementary school choir, their meaning is totally lost by their word choice.

Description:

Our Stake Standards Night for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was a huge success. The night had an underlining theme of "It's Your Choice!" It was a night of educating the girls about their dress, speech, actions, and self-portrayal on social media. We had a fashion show of girls in modest, yet fashionable swimwear, prom dresses, church attire, and appropriate missionary clothing. It was a lot of fun! The night ended with the surprise premier showing of this video "Virtue Makes You Beautiful." Special thanks to Alex Boye who was thrown into this at the last minute without any warning!

They have a night about lecturingencouraging girls to cover themselves up with THIS as their "lesson???:

Dressing Modest, we know its rough, when the worlds making it tough.

Dont need short skirts or low cut shirts bein the way that youare is enough

Chorus:

everyone else doesnt seem to care, everyone else but you

baby you light up the world like nobody else

by the way that you speak and respect yourself

girls with integrity are hard to find these days

you gotta know, oh oh, you are so beautiful.

If only you saw what I can see

you'd understand why I NEED YOUR MODESTY

Right now i"m talking to you and you might believe

you gotta know, oh oh, virtue is so beautiful

That what makes you beautiful

So c-come on most have it wrong

to prove we're right we put it in a song

we dont know why youd want a guy

that only cares what he sees with his eyes

CHORUS

Nah nah nah nah nah... silliness...

:?

I'm confused. Am I beautiful by the way I speak and respect myself but ugly if I show cleavage? What if I am eloquent and wear a huge cross between my tits? Can I not have integrity, intelligence, faith, and respect yet choose different attire?

Oh wait - its there:

THEY need modesty because a virtuous woman who respects herself (enough to wear whatever they fucking damn well please) is a little too much for their tight pants wearing asses. Thanks for spelling it out in song, BYU, this shit has nothing to do with a WOMAN respecting herself, its all about your hard on.

Guest LilaFowler

Is it Harry? If so, hands off, he's mine!

No, Harry's mine! He's gorgeous, British, genuinely sweet, and loves older women. :)

Archived