IGNORED

Christianity is an ancient hoax

tankgirl

I seriously wonder if he can back these claims up, even if he does I doubt many will believe him. I hope it is better then a Dan Brown claim though, so we can have some interesting conversations about this.

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

The Jesus story being a conspiracy of X or Y group is not exactly new ground. Greek Pagans cause they didn't like the fact Jews were not into nakedness, Illuminati because they have been controlling the world since we swung out of the trees, now Roman Aristocrats who wanted peace in Judea. FFS Judea was the Roman Empire's backwater. But in a time when most of the population was illiterate, a group of conspirators circulated written documents to get a troubled province full of illiterates under control. The province they would send Roman officials to as a form of punishment. Oh, and let's not forget that the hero is a Galilean, a yokel even by Judean standards. Riiiiiight.

Because a province that stood absolutely no chance of being able to repel a full scale Roman attack warranted this kind of coordinated conspiracy as opposed to the Germanic tribes, who actually threatened Roman borders.

I stand unimpressed by this guy's brilliance. He needs to put up the primary source documents. He has examples of written gospels that predate the destruction of Jerusalem? This I want to see.

Far-fetched theory from a guy with a clear agenda.

The Romans didn't need to invent a Messiah. During that time period, there's some evidence of numerous would-be messiahs, some of whom pre-date Jesus.

The Age of the Apostles covered a turbulent time period which included the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem. In that context, it's not so surprising that someone like Paul would want to appease Rome while selling the religion to the gentiles. He would have known what was happening to those who opposed Rome more openly.

Archived