IGNORED

TWOP Will Ban You For The Most Ridiculous Stuff

ljohnson2006

They treat you like kids. They give you time outs. They get power rushes out of humiliating adults.

This is the thing that drives me crazy. I had been reading and posting for years before the Bravo takeover and it used to be much more low key-- a place to snark on TV for goodness sake. Then after Bravo they started treating the posters more like rowdy school kids than like adults with rules and limitations. The thing that really frosts me is that there is no recourse. Howard is a bully and tyrant who can do whatever she wants without answering to anyone and we have no way of arguing with her because if you argue..that's a banning.

I remember when it first started getting ugly was during the Family edition of The Amazing Race. The mod decided that we had talked enough about the Christian family daughters' slutty outfits. So after that any mention of their clothes got snipped. I remember at the time thinking it was just some arbitrary rule and who the hell was this mod who could just make decisions that we all had to abide by.

I still do not understand how this is good business for them. Are they not a business? They get a lot of traffic to their forums yet the mods can stomp down too hard and drive people away. I still go there to discuss Duggars and Project Runway but I'm not nearly as active as I used to be. I think Howard cured my daily TWOP habit by locking the Duggar thread up for 6 months.

This is the thing that drives me crazy. I had been reading and posting for years before the Bravo takeover and it used to be much more low key-- a place to snark on TV for goodness sake. Then after Bravo they started treating the posters more like rowdy school kids than like adults with rules and limitations. The thing that really frosts me is that there is no recourse. Howard is a bully and tyrant who can do whatever she wants without answering to anyone and we have no way of arguing with her because if you argue..that's a banning.

I remember when it first started getting ugly was during the Family edition of The Amazing Race. The mod decided that we had talked enough about the Christian family daughters' slutty outfits. So after that any mention of their clothes got snipped. I remember at the time thinking it was just some arbitrary rule and who the hell was this mod who could just make decisions that we all had to abide by.

I still do not understand how this is good business for them. Are they not a business? They get a lot of traffic to their forums yet the mods can stomp down too hard and drive people away. I still go there to discuss Duggars and Project Runway but I'm not nearly as active as I used to be. I think Howard cured my daily TWOP habit by locking the Duggar thread up for 6 months.

I think TWOP gets a lot of hits for their recaps. I still like reading some of the recaps even though some are a bit too long. As for the forums, I think many of the active posters who are ok with the rules, but some will leave once the mods really piss them off. I remember an FJer said she left twop after a mod was really rude to another poster.

I used to read recaps and occasionally post. They have always been strict. I stopped reading recaps shortly after the bravo takeover because the quality of the recaps went down and they stopped being funny.

I don't think you can call yourself a true internet forum user until you've been banned from TWoP at least once or twice, lol.

AMEN! I think I've been banned 3 times. I have registered a couple of backup names in case Pauline (tribute to Eastenders) gets banned, but I can't find the list, dammit! I think I started posting there around 2006-ish.

I was put in the naughty corner by Howard - duh - for two days (extra points, not a real "banning" per se, because I posted a fucking picture (the Duggar rummage sale flyer) . If they don't allow pictures, disable the option in the reply toolbar. Fuckwits.

I will probably get a warning for being off topic in the Sister Wives thread, so I looked at my profile for a minute and I have been a member since 2002. Can't believe it has been that long. 7th Heaven was the show that dragged me in.

I will probably get a warning for being off topic in the Sister Wives thread, so I looked at my profile for a minute and I have been a member since 2002. Can't believe it has been that long. 7th Heaven was the show that dragged me in.

I'm a member since 2005 or so, but haven't posted in ages. I got hooked on TWOP because of 7th Heaven, and stayed for the hilarious Little House forum (which the mods must ignore, because it's "off-topic" more than on, at least by the mods' definition), and the Gilmore Girls and Deadliest Catch discussions. And I can't understand why Gold Rush isn't getting more snark there, because it's just chock full of crazy, but seems to be mostly ignored.

I mainly lurked over at TWOP, and still do sometimes, but quit for the most part due to Howard's handslappy crap. S/he told off a bunch of posters for discussing David Waller, then was forced to backpedal and admit S/he hadn't actually seen the episode of the Duggars that featured Waller. Howard then magnanimously decided that everyone was on topic and that s/he wasn't going to lock the thread after all. :roll:

I mainly lurked over at TWOP, and still do sometimes, but quit for the most part due to Howard's handslappy crap. S/he told off a bunch of posters for discussing David Waller, then was forced to backpedal and admit S/he hadn't actually seen the episode of the Duggars that featured Waller. Howard then magnanimously decided that everyone was on topic and that s/he wasn't going to lock the thread after all. :roll:

I remember that!! I also remember Howard deleted one of the posts calling him/her out on it too. It was hilarious to watch Howard have to eat his words.

Howard apparently didn't like the tone on my posts about Boob teaching Smuggar about St. Ronnie Raygun on his knee. he/she/it found them "imflammatory," and thought I was "inciting a political war against Republicans." One warning point received, but no suspension.

I have registered two backup names, but apparently they don't like one of them; I got one email right away, have yet to receive the second. I guess they don't like naming yourself after natural born killers, but since I had to put a "1" after the name, they approved it for someone else. Dumbasses can't even be consistent with their own rules. I guess that's the problem when you have too fucking many of them.

So I did get a warning but not for being off topic, which I completely was but for saying "sorry, but". Howard claimed I was being dismissive...what a tool. No wonder I never post there.

I remember calling Howard out when s/he went after a poster for posting before a show ended. I reminded him that the Duggar shows were only a half hour. I never got a response.

Nor should you have expected one. Howard is drunk on his power. I'm posting under my new name now. I may get some new shit for being a "noob," but it's worth the ribbing to take out 3 warnings. I can always bring back the old account if I have to.

It was my fault about the natural born killer account. I forgot to add the numbers that occur in the email address. It then said that email was taken, so I'll have to create a new email to get that one (I really love the character, so I want the user name) registered. That one may be my "flame the mods" account.

Today, I have seen a poster banned in real time. On I think, Top Chef Masters, a poster said that he hadn't been on TWOP for five years and felt that the mods hadn't changed. He was banned within the hour, his name went black.

I have a couple user names there going back to 2004 or so whenever Project Runway started getting recapped over there. I never go over there anymore. I miss Wing Chun and Glark and Sars. It was fun over there back then. I had to get a new name after some idiot gave me warnings on my original user name (which I think is the same as this one) after the Bravo acquisition, so I dumped that one for another because I never get bad grades!

The Supernatural forums were fun. The American Idol recaps were HILARIOUS even if you didn't watch the show. The Bravo staff is full of dick heads. They would get really angry during PR when it first moved to Lifetime in the forums when anyone dared to call Gretchen the horrible, evil designer "Wretchen", mostly because it was Project Rungay/TLO thing. Corporate idiots.

I remember someone complaining that she bought a shirt from Glarkware that ended up not fitting correctly. When she contacted Glark about it, he replied that his shirts were made for Canadian women, who tend to be "smaller" than American women.

I remember someone complaining that she bought a shirt from Glarkware that ended up not fitting correctly. When she contacted Glark about it, he replied that his shirts were made for Canadian women, who tend to be "smaller" than American women.

Lovely.

Especially since he is probably a 300 pound couch potato with bacne

The 7th Heaven recaps were the BEST! :lol: I still read them sometimes just for giggles.

The 7th Heaven recaps were the BEST! :lol: I still read them sometimes just for giggles.

They are a work of wonder, aren't they. The last season was just insane. The Little House board is also good for laughs - I read there when I need cheering up. There are some very talented people there doing song parodies.

Oh 7th Heven did it for me too.....those recaps would make me laugh out loud! I miss the days when TWOP would have me in tears of laughter rather than frustration!

As part of the catastrophic system upgrade of TWOP, they promised that any warnings that people have had for several years would go away. That's nice, but I'm not seeing any evidence that has actually happened. I still have the one warning that I got in 2008. You can't even ask about when they will remove warnings, since asking means that they won't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a couple user names there going back to 2004 or so whenever Project Runway started getting recapped over there. I never go over there anymore. I miss Wing Chun and Glark and Sars. It was fun over there back then. I had to get a new name after some idiot gave me warnings on my original user name (which I think is the same as this one) after the Bravo acquisition, so I dumped that one for another because I never get bad grades!

The Supernatural forums were fun. The American Idol recaps were HILARIOUS even if you didn't watch the show. The Bravo staff is full of dick heads. They would get really angry during PR when it first moved to Lifetime in the forums when anyone dared to call Gretchen the horrible, evil designer "Wretchen", mostly because it was Project Rungay/TLO thing. Corporate idiots.

The Idol forums used to be really entertaining back when the show was popular. Of course, the contestant threads would get locked a lot by the mods because disagreements would break out amongst fans/non-fans of particular Idols.

Archived