IGNORED

New Yorker article on Michele Bachmann and Dominionism

tinuviel

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011 ... ntPage=all

Fascinating look at her intellectual and spiritual influences. A bit of background and commentary from Frank Schaeffer as well. (Frank is the son of Francis Schaeffer, one of the founders of the religious right. Frank has since left fundamentalism, though I think he's still some kind of Christian).

ETA: I don't think she's going to get anywhere in this race, but it still freaks me the fuck out that she's gotten as far as she already has.

It is also disconcerting that she is still in contact with John Eidsmoe, who was her mentor at Oral Roberts and got her into homeschooling and how he is a secessionist .

Good article.

Is there any website with her quotes in context? I was telling Republican dh about her general insanity and he was like, she sounds crazy as hell, but maybe it is partly context? (he gives liberals the same benefit of the doubt, btw, he has a low general opinion of the media) Granted, some shit is just crazy no matter what the context, but I have been looking for more comprehensive quotes and not just soundbytes. Everyone seems so biased about her, either totally FOR or completely AGAINST. I'm not sure how anyone can fall in that first group, but Googling her brings up a lot of pro-Bachmann stuff.

Archived