IGNORED

Religious Art...No, Seriously...Bazinga!

dpndetfarm

OK, after clicking on the child stars going crazy on the cracked site I got sucked into

the hilariosity of some of the links.

Then I hit this gem. I hope it's not an old one:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19947_the-11-most-unintentionally-hilarious-religious-paintings.html?wa_user1=3&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=companion

My mind just keeps saying it's got to be satire, but while the commentary is, the paintings are not. :confusion-scratchheadblue: :pink-shock:

OK, after clicking on the child stars going crazy on the cracked site I got sucked into

the hilariosity of some of the links.

Then I hit this gem. I hope it's not an old one:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19947_the-11-most-unintentionally-hilarious-religious-paintings.html?wa_user1=3&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=companion

My mind just keeps saying it's got to be satire, but while the commentary is, the paintings are not. :confusion-scratchheadblue: :pink-shock:

The Jesus in "Undefeated" looks like Barry Gibbs from the BeeGees. *insert "Stayin' Alive" earworm here*

In that picture of Jesus behind that little girl, the "artist" used a shot of British actor Robert Powell from the late 70s TV miniseries Jesus of Nazareth directed by Franco Zefferelli. I wonder if they got permission to use the photo, but I would guess not.

I must say that these pictures are just awful.

I've seen the one with the guy shooting up with Jesus in it before, and it never fails to make me sick to my stomach. It's probably the worst religious art I've ever seen.

#11 reminds me quite a bit about a Watchtower pamphlet a Jehovah's Witness kept trying to shove in my face during the bus ride from hell. The ride was suppose to be under three hours but ended up being over six. I kept trying to change the subject and get him to quit talking to me but when he tried to force me to look at pictures of people having a picnic with tigers trying to convince me I wasn't going to go to heaven but it was a good thing I went off. I let him know he didn't deserve heaven for making my day hell. I said it was a good thing my birthday and Thanksgiving were coming up so I had plenty of celebrating to look forward to at the end of the endless ride. Then I started to quote Bible passages that conflicted with what he was saying and how he was acting. After that he finally left me alone.

Edited because I can't spell after a long day at work...

Archived