IGNORED

Help! My Neighbor Gave My Son Toy Dinosaurs! [Merged]

Alecto

Just slap a saddle and some GI Joes or cowboys on those dinosaurs and voila. . . it's right in line with YEC teachings. :D

Pure gold. :)

She's a troll, but a funny one.

I think that the comments were refreshing though. I spend so much time on fundie blogs and forums that I forget sometimes that there are normal people out there! Seeing the comments reminded me that it's not all whackjobs in America (plus there's you guys too ;) )

Ah, so extinction was a myth! The dinosaurs just flounced due to persecution! I'll be sure to let Jack Horner know about our recent discover.

This made me laugh.

Has anyone seen this post on BabyCenter? It looks to be an old posting so maybe it's been discussed before at the old forum site. Anyway the poster, who has since closed her account, complained that a neighbor she always thought to be Christian gave her kids dinosaur toys to play with:

murieljcompton · Pass a Note!

Last edited 10/31/2010

I am a little shocked. She says she is a Christian, but the Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs. Should I let him keep them, as long as he understands that dinosaurs aren't real? Even the PBS shows that he watches talk about dinosaurs and evolution, and how the scientists found these "bones" but the Bible doesn't say that God ever created them, and the earth is only 6,000 years old, not old enough to have "bones" that they say are MILLIONS of years old! I know that Satan tries to trick us in many ways, and this is one way that he tries to fool man into believing that there isn't a God who created the universe. How can they be bones when they are made out of ROCKS? I told my son that dinosaurs are one of Satan's many ways of tricking man, and he must talk to God before he plays with them. Am I handling this right? My first 3 were all girls, and I adopted boys, and lots of mothers tell me that boys are often attracted to these dinosaurs. So I don't know what to do. Is this just harmless fantasy play for him, or should I be worried that he may go on to believe in things like evolution?

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a2 ... _dinosaurs.

Yeah, there's a thread about it here somewhere.

I call troll on her.

umm, that's kind of odd. I suppose my daughter's entire class will end up worshipping satan- they did an entire unit about dinosaurs in April, and all of the kids couldn't get enough of it, and the unit ended up lasting 2 weeks instead of the usual week. Sevy now watches "Dinosaur Train" (the train to hell? LOL).

have fun trolling!!! :) haha.

I remember the other thread about this. I agree she is a troll. I have only visited the babycenter forum a few times. Are there a lot of fundie posters there?

Wow. I was obsessed with dinosaurs after I rode the dinosaur ride at Epcot when I was about 4 up until I was about 10. I played with dinosaurs more than my dolls. My brother painted a sheet with a landscape: river, bushes, mountains etc so I could have something to play on since we couldn't afford one of those fancy rugs. (He was in middle school at the time. Man, he used to be so sweet, what the heck happened?) When I was 6 I would get so mad at the dinosaur cartoons because they had cavemen in them or even if they had dinosaurs living together that were from different periods. No lie. I knew the difference between the Paleolithic & Crustatian periods etc etc and which animals belonged in which. I was a weird kid.

I was totally going to be a paleontologist when I grew up. I guess it's a good thing I didn't since I would have just been digging up rocks planted by the Devil :evil: :lol:

Has anyone seen this post on BabyCenter? It looks to be an old posting so maybe it's been discussed before at the old forum site. Anyway the poster, who has since closed her account, complained that a neighbor she always thought to be Christian gave her kids dinosaur toys to play with:

murieljcompton · Pass a Note!

Last edited 10/31/2010

I am a little shocked. She says she is a Christian, but the Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs. Should I let him keep them, as long as he understands that dinosaurs aren't real? Even the PBS shows that he watches talk about dinosaurs and evolution, and how the scientists found these "bones" but the Bible doesn't say that God ever created them, and the earth is only 6,000 years old, not old enough to have "bones" that they say are MILLIONS of years old! I know that Satan tries to trick us in many ways, and this is one way that he tries to fool man into believing that there isn't a God who created the universe. How can they be bones when they are made out of ROCKS? I told my son that dinosaurs are one of Satan's many ways of tricking man, and he must talk to God before he plays with them. Am I handling this right? My first 3 were all girls, and I adopted boys, and lots of mothers tell me that boys are often attracted to these dinosaurs. So I don't know what to do. Is this just harmless fantasy play for him, or should I be worried that he may go on to believe in things like evolution?

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a2 ... _dinosaurs.

If dinosaurs are just Satan's way of tricking mankind, I hope she doesn't let her child play with toy birds either.

Archived