IGNORED

Help! My Neighbor Gave My Son Toy Dinosaurs! [Merged]

Alecto

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a2 ... _dinosaurs

I am a little shocked. She says she is a Christian, but the Bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs. Should I let him keep them, as long as he understands that dinosaurs aren't real? Even the PBS shows that he watches talk about dinosaurs and evolution, and how the scientists found these "bones" but the Bible doesn't say that God ever created them, and the earth is only 6,000 years old, not old enough to have "bones" that they say are MILLIONS of years old! I know that Satan tries to trick us in many ways, and this is one way that he tries to fool man into believing that there isn't a God who created the universe. How can they be bones when they are made out of ROCKS? I told my son that dinosaurs are one of Satan's many ways of tricking man, and he must talk to God before he plays with them. Am I handling this right? My first 3 were all girls, and I adopted boys, and lots of mothers tell me that boys are often attracted to these dinosaurs. So I don't know what to do. Is this just harmless fantasy play for him, or should I be worried that he may go on to believe in things like evolution?

:laughing-lettersrofl::laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rollingyellow::laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling:

Maybe she could throw in a couple of Barbie dolls and he could pretend they were kicking it together in the garden of Eden a la Ken Ham. But would offering him Barbies risk turning him gay in fundie logic?

OMG, even Ken Ham doesn't deny that dinosaurs existed, just that coexisted with humans 6,000 years ago. The how can they be bone when they're made out of rock statement, umm, that's kind of how fossilization works. Please tell me this lady isn't homeschooling her kids.

I just looked at the link and it appears that most members of that forum think this person is a troll.

I call troll as well. Anyone who is so fundie that they don't believe in dinosaurs would never let their son watch any TV, much less that eeeeevil liberal heathen PBS.

Just slap a saddle and some GI Joes or cowboys on those dinosaurs and voila. . . it's right in line with YEC teachings. :D

It could be a troll. However, it also sounds like something that could come out of the mouth a fundie like Latisha.

Latisha is definitely that stoopid. Only, she would ask the almighty Chad what to do with the heathen toy dinosaurs.

Ilove some of the comments, like

OK, this one really made me laugh. As a Christian I laughed even harder. The poor dinosaurs are now Satan's work. Like they didn't have a hard enough time with extinction and everything :)

:lol:

The poor dinosaurs are being persecuted :(

Ah, so extinction was a myth! The dinosaurs just flounced due to persecution! I'll be sure to let Jack Horner know about our recent discover.

Well, silly little fundie, the internet isn't mentioned in the Bible, either, so clearly it is also the work of the devil, and in order to ensure the salvation of your mortal soul, you must never, ever go online again!

It could be a troll. However, it also sounds like something that could come out of the mouth a fundie like Latisha.

:clap:

Gah, I wish she would reopen her blog.

I noticed she even changed her user name she uses for commenting on Zhu Zhu's blog.

I cracked up laughing when I read the initial post I cracked up laughing. I agree I think this poster on babycenter is a troll. But some people would be offended if their children had toy dinosaurs.

:lol: :laughing-lmao::laughing-rofl::laughing-rolling:

It seems like the posters realized she was a troll, so they had fun with that thread.

Archived