IGNORED

Josh's Suits

pega127

So, where has the cash come from to buy Josh his suits for his new job? Or, is he wearing the same one in the photos we have seen so far and just paying dry cleaning costs (if he cleans them at all)? Hard to "buy used and save the difference" in this area. The cost of dressier shoes, shirts, ties and belts can add up quickly, too! The Goodwill near me does carry a few suits/sport coats, ties and dress shirts; but very random sizes and conditions. Most thrift stores do not carry men's suits. Just curious!

So, where has the cash come from to buy Josh his suits for his new job? Or, is he wearing the same one in the photos we have seen so far and just paying dry cleaning costs (if he cleans them at all)? Hard to "buy used and save the difference" in this area. The cost of dressier shoes, shirts, ties and belts can add up quickly, too! The Goodwill near me does carry a few suits/sport coats, ties and dress shirts; but very random sizes and conditions. Most thrift stores do not carry men's suits. Just curious!

TLC money of course!

I'm sure they're not used but most certainly extremely cheap. I am guilty as well - I get mine under $99 at Burlington, but I only wear them once or twice a year.

I hope he at least springs for silk, not polyester ties.

You really think Josh knows the difference? :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I hope Tony or someone at FRC gives him so advice on suits/ties. JB still has the 1980's politician look and we all know Josh is JB 2.0. I have seen JB(and the Howlers get those hideous green ties last year, but JB still goes back to the good old red tie).

Living in Utah (missionary world central) young men can buy 3 suit jackets, 5 pants (they always sell 2-3 pants per suit for the missionaries) and 7 white shirts and 10 ties and a good pair of shoes(which I doubt Josh owns) for under about 1k. Considering they drove a very nice new expensive car to dc, I really hope Josh got a few decent suits. The other thing to consider is his weight change. Once he gets to his target (hopefully can maintain it) then he can invest in several good suits for media. I think as long as he gets a good quality tie rotation and has a few quality suits that fit him he will be okay.

I wonder what he will think about dry cleaning. Paying for "laundry services" will not be a welcome part of his budget. Isn't Anna suppose to be his free laundry service. I also wonder if he will make her drop off and pick up his dry cleaning? I hope not. I'm sure there are many of those drive thru dry cleaners in his area. Josh, lets see a picture on instragram of you driving to get your own dry cleaning!

You think she will try to wash his nice new suits and poly ties in the washer and hang them out on the line?

I hope Tony or someone at FRC gives him so advice on suits/ties. JB still has the 1980's politician look and we all know Josh is JB 2.0. I have seen JB(and the Howlers get those hideous green ties last year, but JB still goes back to the good old red tie).

Living in Utah (missionary world central) young men can buy 3 suit jackets, 5 pants (they always sell 2-3 pants per suit for the missionaries) and 7 white shirts and 10 ties and a good pair of shoes(which I doubt Josh owns) for under about 1k. Considering they drove a very nice new expensive car to dc, I really hope Josh got a few decent suits. The other thing to consider is his weight change. Once he gets to his target (hopefully can maintain it) then he can invest in several good suits for media. I think as long as he gets a good quality tie rotation and has a few quality suits that fit him he will be okay.

I wonder what he will think about dry cleaning. Paying for "laundry services" will not be a welcome part of his budget. Isn't Anna suppose to be his free laundry service. I also wonder if he will make her drop off and pick up his dry cleaning? I hope not. I'm sure there are many of those drive thru dry cleaners in his area. Josh, lets see a picture on instragram of you driving to get your own dry cleaning!

We used to both be suit people, before the world changed and casual dress and career changes altered that. Either of us might drop off dry cleaning, shirts and fluff and fold--then we moved houses and there was not a fluff and fold place I was comfortable going in between our offices and work. So, we found a dry cleaner and shirt laundry that came to our office and picked up and delivered (they would take shoes in to polish or repair as well). I can't imagine these aren't more common in DC metro than in the Midwest. However, now, we are business casual, so when we need shirts laundered we drop them off--same for shoes.

The 990s for FRC Alert or whatever Josh is working with suggests he's likely making about 100K. Not a fortune in DC, but he should be able to buy a decent suit from time to time. I suspect he'll be taken in hand for his suits, ties and shirts for public events. Also, where do you buy a poly tie? Walmart? I've been in KG mensmart or whatever it is called and their ties were silk.

You really think Josh knows the difference? :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

I bet his ties are silky polyester...and clip-on to boot!

If Josh is smart then he will buy classic style suits with modern shirts and ties. The shirts and ties are less expensive to replace when you need to update your look.

I bet his ties are silky polyester...and clip-on to boot!

I hate clip on ties! My dad always wore them and they look cheesy.

I'm sure they're millionaires. Their little trips to once upon a child and Goodwill are just for show and to help them look more like other fundie families. Anna carries coach purses those run $300-700+. I think he can afford a suit.

I'm sure they're millionaires. Their little trips to once upon a child and Goodwill are just for show and to help them look more like other fundie families. Anna carries coach purses those run $300-700+. I think he can afford a suit.

He's going to require more than one suit; that's where I find the problem to come in for Josh. Especially during the heat; Josh strikes me as a sweaty/stinky kind of guy. Those suit jackets will need frequent dry cleaning!!!

I hate clip on ties! My dad always wore them and they look cheesy.

My husband was in the military for 24 years and now is looking into jobs that require ties. Thank goodness for the internet because he never learned to tie a tie and it is embarrassing for him to admit.

...And a cocktail dress for Anna, if she goes with him.

I've been trying to wrap my head around Anna in a cocktail dress all morning.... I have a feeling she'll do the J'Chelle Black skirt and button down dress shirt uniform.

He'll also need a tux for evening functions. And a cocktail dress for Anna, if she goes with him.

Do they even make fundie approved cocktail dresses?

There's a whole industry of Mormon approved evening and formal wear. I'm sure there would be something Anna could wear.

The skirts all the Duggars wear are getting shorter and shorter. Knees are often visible now. Tops have very short sleeves. Neckline is the only issue really. I can't see Anna having any trouble finding a cocktail dress with this criteria providing someone points her in the direction of an appropriate shop. I would love to see her experiment with putting her hair up if she is going to dress up. No particular criticism of how she wears it now - I just think she is pretty and has nice hair and I would like to see her enjoy it.

Yes, they do, but FRC is not a frumper sort of place. I suspect she'll stay in the mom and dad approved garb for a year and then both of them my become fundie light--if they stay at FRC, because they won't fit in wearing frumpers. And as they develop their own life away from Dad and Mom, JB's influence will wain.

No idea who this speaker is but not a frumper wearer. %7Boption%7Dhttp://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Family+Research+Council+Hosts+Voter+Values+iZ5FW2gmGQ-l.jpg%7Boption%7D

Tony Perkins of FRC may be a dick, but the close up pics of him show a well tailored suit-- and Josh isn't the first young guy to move from Smallville to the Metropolis and learn the ropes of dressing for succes.

Tuxes, decent, good and fantastic suits, good shirts and ties, good shoes-- all of these are avalible and it is amazing how fast you can adapt to them if you want/need to do so.

I am not sure he is qualified for whatever his title is (executive director?) but FRC has a vested interest in his not failing publically in the first year or so-- so someone will be helping him if he needs it. And he's likely a good fit for the teaparty donors they want to attract.

Ya know, I've wondered about Anna and female formal wear. It's going to be interesting to see.

Ya know, I've wondered about Anna and female formal wear. It's going to be interesting to see.

She could wear her bridemaids dresses. Done and done.

Archived