IGNORED

Josh's Suits

pega127

Some of those dresses on newyorkdress.com are really quite beautiful. I wouldn't mind wearing some of them to formal events. But I don't know if Josh and Anna would want to spend quite that much.

Newyorkdress.com is not only a source for modest formal wear but some new, novel J names. Jovani, Janique! Quick, somebody notify Michelle.

Living rent free for a few years on top of a debt free philosophy on top of TLC money, I bet they have a chunk saved even after eating out so much. Most of their trips are paid for, so really, what bills do they have? I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out of some savings for some new work/formal clothes. But I am having difficulty coming up with a mental picture of Josh in anything very modern. I see him in more the Sunday school type blazer and matching pants with a tie.

I have a feeling that Josh will finally invest in nicer clothing, but he won't be willing to spend as much on Anna, do she will be stuck in cheesy, inappropriate garb just as the girls in most of these fundie families do when the whole family "dresses up"

I have a feeling that Josh will finally invest in nicer clothing, but he won't be willing to spend as much on Anna, do she will be stuck in cheesy, inappropriate garb just as the girls in most of these fundie families do when the whole family "dresses up"

I actually don't see that happening, I think Josh takes a lot of pride in providing Anna and the kids with the luxuries that Josh was denied growing up. He likes Anna having Coach hand bags and the kids getting Gymboree outfits from the latest range instead of whatever was left in the donation bag the church gave.

I can see Josh getting a kick out of telling Anna to go and buy a nice (modest) formal dress, buy some makeup and get her hair done without worrying too much about the costs. Josh seems to spend much more readily than JimBob, and by all appearances he's generous to Anna and doesn't expect her to use any more restraint than he shows.

She'll need at least 3 evening dresses, even assuming she'll do the embarrassing step of never changing her look. She'll need maternity, post-partum and nursing dresses. They are intending to step into a political life when they already have the average size family and what is only a middle class income in a political town like DC. DC area has the highest rising housing prices in the country. Good luck on the housing front. I suspect Josh will have a tiny wardrobe and won't invest in Anna at all. I doubt he has any understanding that politics require the couple even if the Republican wife is little more than a trophy she is not kept barefoot and pregnant at home.

It will definitely be interesting to watch how DC changes them. How long before the reality of having many children in a large city sets in?

Idea for an episode next season...

Bates girls come to visit so they can sew Anna a few modest evening gowns. All will be constructed with that hideous side-tie bow pattern in contrasting colors.

Well...taking his wife out into political sorrels looking like a buffoon might be a quick ticket back to Arkansas for the entire family. He was hired because they wanted a high profile CEO to work in politics. For all J'shelle can state that Josh grew up around politics, it's nonsense. They are not hooked into VF. They have no ties to Patrick Henry. He hasn't done debate or oratory groups like so many Fundie families who groom their children for political futures. This family has done NOTHING that the typical dominionst family does when they are grooming their children for the political life. JB only won an Arkansas state seat for ONE term. His political suave was so embarrassing that despite throwing his own money into it (and boy did he) he could NOT garner votes for a second term at the state level.

Josh has a lot to learn FAST to make it in DC and politics.

Well...taking his wife out into political sorrels looking like a buffoon might be a quick ticket back to Arkansas for the entire family. He was hired because they wanted a high profile CEO to work in politics. For all J'shelle can state that Josh grew up around politics, it's nonsense. They are not hooked into VF. They have no ties to Patrick Henry. He hasn't done debate or oratory groups like so many Fundie families who groom their children for political futures. This family has done NOTHING that the typical dominionst family does when they are grooming their children for the political life. JB only won an Arkansas state seat for ONE term. His political suave was so embarrassing that despite throwing his own money into it (and boy did he) he could NOT garner votes for a second term at the state level.

Josh has a lot to learn FAST to make it in DC and politics.

DC politics is not a spectator sport!

I misread "Josh's suits" as "Josh's sluts" when reading the thread name. I must say, I'm a tad disappointed :(

I can see Josh buying himself new clothes. In fact I see Tony or another FRC employee taking Josh out shopping and Josh would spend whatever amount of money they recommended. Remember when he bought the coach purse while in FL campaigning with Rick. He wanted to keep up with the big guys he was surrounded with. The big guys bought their wife a purse so Josh had to fit in.

Now I doubt we see him had over a boatload of cash for Anna to shop. I see her getting on nice black dress and then changing it up with little jackets and sweaters. Kind of like Marge Simpson and her Chanel suit.

Archived