IGNORED

Giveaway of good and evil book

fundies_like_zombies

livingintheshoe.com/l-a-m-b-services-prison-ministry-and-ngj-good-evil-comic-book-giveaway/

The main purpose of their prison ministry is to get No Greater Joy’s Good and Evil Comic Book into the hands of as many California inmates as will ask for them.

its like giving drugs to a junkie. Fucking fundie stupidity. I bet a lot of the inmates are in there because of violence in their lives when young.

Scary -----

We receive about 30-45 letters per day requesting this book. We have sent out approximately 24,500 books so far. The Prison system estimates that each one of these books will get read by 4-5 inmates on average before the inmate leaves the prison system (this does not include the family of the inmate after they are released). This means that we have touched at least 100,000 inmates so far not including the families with the Gospel through this illustrated Bible Book.

It says they use the return address of the publisher because the prison system only allows shipments from the publisher. By doing this they are committing fraud. The reason books are accepted from the publisher only is because the book must be a paperback- a hardback book is contraband and considered a weapon. Publishers are aware of this.

I worked for a jail commissary supply company and we sold Bibles, crossword puzzle books and dictionaries- all soft cover.

Sometimes the jails will re-use old library books but only once they are stripped of the covers.

$24.95 for their "comic book" conversion? I'm astounded.

I was shocked that they admitted using the publisher's address as a return address. I'm feeling some slight urge to report them to the Department of Corrections.

From the NJG link in that blog post:

We will grant you permission to print Good and Evil for free distribution in the prisons, or if you want to operate on a smaller scale we can make them available to you at our cost of printing, shipping, and handling.

So, unless someone wants to take on printing this full-color comic book themselves, :roll: they still have to give money to Michael Pearl to take on this "ministry."

I think that, even if he is sincere and not looking for profit, Pearl is a boil on the butt of humanity. But things like this tend to point to his also looking for money. I can't imagine that people who get involved in this ask him to prove that he is only covering costs.

From the NJG link in that blog post:

So, unless someone wants to take on printing this full-color comic book themselves, :roll: they still have to give money to Michael Pearl to take on this "ministry."

I think that, even if he is sincere and not looking for profit, Pearl is a boil on the butt of humanity. But things like this tend to point to his also looking for money. I can't imagine that people who get involved in this ask him to prove that he is only covering costs.

A few years back there was a Salon article that said that No Greater Joy pulled in over a million dollars. I wonder how much they are worth now

A few years back there was a Salon article that said that No Greater Joy pulled in over a million dollars. I wonder how much they are worth now

:angry-banghead: I hate people.

So wait... they might get letters asking for various things, but they only send copies of that one book? With a false address label on it?

Or do they have a real prison books program (we have one by me, it's 100% secular, though of course if people REQUEST bibles and korans and the like, they will send those) that mails anything asked for and just puts a tract in it?

??? A comic book prison ministry? :? :cray-cray:

I envision some kind of Chick Tract sort of thing.

I envision some kind of Chick Tract sort of thing.

Nope -- full-sized books:

x6ollZA.jpg

nogreaterjoy.org/shop/good-and-evil-color-book

Archived