IGNORED

Great way to help train up your daughter

homeschoolmomma1

Eewww thats disgusting. I think there are some bits where the kid can use their imagination with, their doll pooping being one of them.

I was expecting worse Pearl related stuff when opening this thread though

It's a little odd, but I don't think it's TOO awful. It is, after all, just FELT poo. Think how otherwise creative they could've gotten!

When I was a kid there was a doll on the market that came with food (brightly coloured, fruit scented goo IIRC). You could feed it too the doll and sooner or later the doll would need nappy change. And then you could do it all over again. Eewww.

It's a little gross, but no worse than the guess-the-candy-bar-in-the-diaper game the Duggars play at baby showers. I liked my doll that wet her diaper when I was a kid, but when it came to poo I just used my imagination. I was kind of expecting a piece of plumbing line to discipline the baby doll with when I opened this thread, so I find a little poo craptabulous. :D

I remember there being a doll when I was little - under 10 at least - that you could feed powder mixes to, and it would shit realistically. People PAID for those refills.

Give me the Easy Bake Oven anytime.

When I was a kid there was a doll on the market that came with food (brightly coloured, fruit scented goo IIRC). You could feed it too the doll and sooner or later the doll would need nappy change. And then you could do it all over again. Eewww.

You must mean the "Baby Alive" doll. My sister had one. We made it into a punk rocker because that's how we roll.

HA8RsYEr_J8

Small and Smaller (my nieces, 6 and 3yo) would LOVE that. They would make it poo over and over again. They think poo is hilarious.

I think whoever designed that knows how small kids roll :D

As a teenager, I babysat the neighbor kids occasionally and one of them got a Baby Alive for Christmas. Changing the diapers made her gag, so her mother had to do it for her. Wouldn't have been a good training exercise for her.

I remember Baby Alive! My cousins had one. I remember thinking the "food" smelled bad going in, so out wasn't much better. I still wanted one, but my mom was all in the "use your imagination" camp. :lol:

This kind of doll (and Baby Alive, which I apparently had and don't remember) are very popular for toilet training. It might seem a little gross, but it can be helpful for kids to understand and roleplay elimination when they are getting ready to make the switch. I was serious considering making something similar to show my daughter while we try with her, that her doll sometimes has accidents too and can't make it to the potty (and that's ok, and not something to feel bad about, you just deal with it).

Archived