IGNORED

Marsha Blackburn: Women 'Don't Want' Equal Pay Laws

doggie

This idiot says woman want all the things they should have in the work place but equal pay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 75167.html

Republican congresswoman Marsha Blackburn said on Sunday that women "don't want" equal pay laws.

During a roundtable discussion on NBC's Meet The Press, former White House advisor David Axelrod asked if she would support a law promoting workplace gender equality. Blackburn responded:

"I think that more important than that is making certain that women are recognized by those companies. You know, I’ve always said that I didn’t want to be given a job because I was a female, I wanted it because I was the most well-qualified person for the job. And making certain that companies are going to move forward in that vein, that is what women want. They don’t want the decisions made in Washington. They want to be able to have the power and the control and the ability to make those decisions for themselves."

Honestly, we shouldn't have to have laws that state that people should be paid the same when doing the same job with the same amount of experience as someone else. But because numerous companies don't do that and think they can get away with paying me less than the man beside me with the same amount of experience and hours and doing the exact same job as I am, something needs done about it. You would think basic rights would just extend to people, but they don't, so legislation is needed to fix a problem as always. If they would just treat people like people and of equal value, none of this would be an issue.

He didn't answer the question. He just turned it into affirmative action debate. In the minds of conservatives equal rights for women and POC are the same thing as affirmative action.

Women already have equal pay. There's no such thing as unequal pay in 2013. The erroneous unequal pay assertion is just a feminist ploy to gain sympathy for women.

Sunshine Mary has unveiled the equal pay conspiracy on her latest blog post: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/when-we-get-to-the-feminist-utopia-in-abilene-will-there-still-be-no-male-female-pay-gap/

Archived