IGNORED

Boy (5) fatally shoots 2 yr old sister

BlondeAgent007

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/boy-fata ... r-19091618

this is so tragic. The gun belonged to the little boy and was given to him as a gift. It was stored in the corner of a room (!?) and his family had "no reason to believe there was a shell casing in it."

So otherwise, it would be totally okay for him to pretend to shoot his sister with a REAL gun?

Guns are not toys. They shouldn't be around small children unlocked. The End.

Heart-breaking.

And totally fucking idiotic of the adults - not that they deserve this to happen but how stupid to let a kid have access to a gun without knowing whether it was loaded or not. Or actually, allowing access to an unloaded gun would teach a kid that guns are safe. I've never seen a gun in my entire life and I doubt our kids will, but we have taught them never to touch a gun if they see one and to tell a safe adult at once.

Dear God, I would just die. I don't know how parents can stand knowing that they were that slack/negligent by just leaving a damn gun lying around. Who the heck gets a real gun as a gift for a 5 year old? :angry-banghead: They are going to need so much therapy to process and deal with the guilt of knowing that because of their poor decision their little girl is dead. I have to wonder if there will be legal consequences for the parents? My heart goes out to the little boy. I know he didn't mean to hurt his sister. I hope he gets some serious help to deal with all the emotional fallout of a tragic accident. Such a tragic situation, and so damn avoidable.

The poor boy. I can't imagine growing up with something like that to schlepp along in my mind and heart.

Those parents are absolutely horrible and they don't deserve children.

Hywelis

• 1 month later...

The Mom says she was only outside for minute you left your kids alone in the house with a loaded gun in reach well I guess they claim they didn't it was loaded but that's how fast it happeneds it a takes a minute.The gun should be locked safely away from the children reach even if it was the kids gun he should have only had access to it when a parent had eyes on to watch him using it and even then a 5 year old is to young to have it.

oh my...sorry to parrot everyone else but I do. not. understand. why the HELL would you buy a real gun as a gift for a little boy? What kind of messed up thinking is involved in that thought process? And even if you do why oh why would you leave it within his reach?

I just...can't. :angry-banghead:

Archived