IGNORED

Why Doesn't The Media Ask The Duggars Harder Questions?

debrand

It bugged me too. Something about the way her moves really looked weird. I also hated when said, "We can be excited about purity." That was very cringeworthy.

Maybe she's trying to convince herself.

I'd also like to add that we are in a recession and our politics have turned the nastiness up at least 100%. Crime is up, and people just aren't watching the news shows as much these days. And to be honest, why should we? We have the internet 24/7. I can look up stories about things I want to learn about anytime of the day. The average person who would tune in to watch the Duggars are women, generally married. Many women aren't watching the news because it's "too depressing" or "too mean spirited." So to capture those viewers, the news outlets find a fluff piece. Something inspirational, or at least not another murder/suicide or another politician scandal. SO why would the "news" stations want to expose the dark side of this nice happy family? (in their eyes). It would go against the purpose of making this family famous in the first place, which is to reach out to a demographic that isn't interested in hardcore news.

Just an idea that I was thinking about.

Archived