IGNORED

Fundie paranoia about Boston and public school

teachergirl

So I have been trolling around FB and their blogs. The whole lot of them are friends on FB, the Servens, Coughlans, Bradricks, MacDonalds, etc.

They are truly paranoid people. I would have thought that they would have been rejoicing that the terrorists appear to be Muslim and it was an attack. Instead it is proof that Obama is going to take over the country since Boston was on lockdown, people's freedoms are being infringed upon due to the lockdown, it may have been a "false flag", and of course gun control. I had no idea that they were such conspiracy theorists. I mean do they not see how they sound like the 9/11 ones?

Their paranoia about public school makes me laugh as a teacher. I called them out on it on Generation Cedar's blog and was told that it isn't me as a teacher it is the system. Um okay.

Let's look at their track record for homeschooling: Deanna Coghlan: works at Dairy Queen, married at 19

Benjamin Serven: valet, Botkin children: not sure.....Not to insult those jobs, I have WORKED those jobs however I became a teacher. What is their goal for homeschooling? To not have a real job with benefits, insurance, upward mobility?

What do you all think?

I have a large number of friends who are very conservative, thought not to my knowledge, fundie. My conclusion is they view the world more in black/white (right/wrong, good/bad) absolutes rather than shades of grey. They are subject to being guided by fear -- have to have guns to defend ourselves from all the bad guys in the world, alarm systems, etc. -- fear which is constantly being reinforced by the media outlets they watch. Fundies are probably like this x 10,000.

So I have been trolling around FB and their blogs. The whole lot of them are friends on FB, the Servens, Coughlans, Bradricks, MacDonalds, etc.

They are truly paranoid people. I would have thought that they would have been rejoicing that the terrorists appear to be Muslim and it was an attack. Instead it is proof that Obama is going to take over the country since Boston was on lockdown, people's freedoms are being infringed upon due to the lockdown, it may have been a "false flag", and of course gun control. I had no idea that they were such conspiracy theorists. I mean do they not see how they sound like the 9/11 ones?

Half of them probably are. I'm pretty sure ZsuZsu is, for instance.

Archived