IGNORED

FRC: "Sexual liberalism" at fault for Boston and Newtown

How about the Fort Hood incident? Or the Tucson shooting that injured Gabby Giffords? The military is very conservative, and Tucson is in a very conservative state. There are plenty of mass shootings that have happened in places far less liberal than New England.

Ok, everytime something like this happens some people (fundies) have to pipe up and blame a certain action or group of people. Now, even if it were true that God were punishing us, isn't it kind of cruel to punish us and not exactly lay why he is doing so. Apparently we are just supposed to figure it out on our own or are these God's ordained prophets? At least in the Old Testament God used to say why he was doing what he was doing. Plus, don't violent events happen in religious parts of the country and even in churches?

This reminds me I should, if I dare, check Rapture Ready. I am sure that the end is really, REALLY nigh now. Heck, I am beginning to wonder.

What about the Amish schoolhouse shooting???

Asshats.

I would expect that FRC would not view Amish as "real christians"

Ok, everytime something like this happens some people (fundies) have to pipe up and blame a certain action or group of people. Now, even if it were true that God were punishing us, isn't it kind of cruel to punish us and not exactly lay why he is doing so. Apparently we are just supposed to figure it out on our own or are these God's ordained prophets? At least in the Old Testament God used to say why he was doing what he was doing. Plus, don't violent events happen in religious parts of the country and even in churches?

This reminds me I should, if I dare, check Rapture Ready. I am sure that the end is really, REALLY nigh now. Heck, I am beginning to wonder.

Well duh. He's doing it because of abortion. And gays. It's always about gays and abortion.

You know, throughout my long life, I've held a number of opinions, many of which have changed over the years. They've changed for various reasons, in some cases because personal experiences have forced me reevaluate my thinking and in other cases because I've been challenged by those who hold differing beliefs and been persuaded by the strength of their arguments. But the main reason why these changes were possible is because I always had an open mind and was willing to listen to opposing views.

The more I learn about these right wing crackpots, the more I realize that there is absolutely no way, no how you could ever sit down with them and have a rational, well-reasoned conversation, even one in which it wasn't your intention to change their minds, just open the channels of communications. Their minds are closed tighter than a steel trap because fear and ignorance are their driving forces. I'm more and more convinced, with every new ugliness that rears its head, that there will eventually be a some kind of holy war in the US.

The fundies need to step into the current century. It used to work to say god did this or that to scare people into believing in the greatness of god. But few but fools would fall for this line anymore now it just makes god look like a asshole.

Or the three mass shootings that have happened in Utah?

We Know they don't think Mormons are Christians.... they acknowledged they would vote for Mitt, but it was a lesser of two evils sort of thing.

I don't usually cuss but this guy is a sick fuck. .He says that background checks wouldn't have helped-which is probably true in this case. But he wants Congress to

" address the government’s own hostility to the institution of the family and organizations that can address the real problem: the human heart. As I’ve said before, America doesn’t need gun control, it needs self-control. And a Congress that actively discourages it–through abortion, family breakdown, sexual liberalism, or religious hostility–is only compounding the problem.

So,no gun control but laws against abortion, sexual choice and preventing divorce would somehow have stopped the two brothers from killing many people. We don't even know yet why they acted in the way that they did. Unless the youngest brother is taken alive, it is all just guess work.

What does he mean by 'issues that address the human heart?' Somehow I think that it means limits on anyone who isn't a 'real' Christian.

Bah, these people aren't even relevant. I know many very, very devout people of various religions and not one of them has yet to blame liberalism, religion, or anything other than two idiots out to murder people for what happened.

FRC's position smacks of ignorance and a lack of thinking. No one knows why they did what they did and it's already been proven that Adam Lanza was mentally ill. I'm sure there is a reason why these two yahoos set off those bombs and I'm quite sure it has jack to do with liberalism, divorce, or abortion. If you go off blaming crap you don't agree with for everything that happens, then you never find out the true reason behind the action and thus can never find a way to prevent it in the future.

Sorry, FRC. I have a brain that I actually use. I can spot your nonsense from a mile away.

Archived