IGNORED

Fox Reporting On Supposed Religious Bias

debrand

This morning, my husband and I watched Fox News while we were waiting at a walk in clinic. It surprised me that Fox News claimed that other stations were not reporting that Nasar Abdo was not Muslim. This is not true. MSBC not only reported that he was Muslim but showed video footage of him at prayer. I was startled that Fox thought that they could get away with such outright lying. I understand that they twist the truth but this was more then just leaving out information. THey also claimed that other channels and news organizations hammered the fact that Anders Breivik was Christian. I never noticed that.

I usually watch MSNBC but I didn't notice any bias against Christians on that channel. In fact, the first reports about the shooting in Norway was that the killer was Muslim.

What do you think? Is the news biases against Christians?

This morning, my husband and I watched Fox News while we were waiting at a walk in clinic. It surprised me that Fox News claimed that other stations were not reporting that Nasar Abdo was not Muslim. This is not true. MSBC not only reported that he was Muslim but showed video footage of him at prayer. I was startled that Fox thought that they could get away with such outright lying. I understand that they twist the truth but this was more then just leaving out information. THey also claimed that other channels and news organizations hammered the fact that Anders Breivik was Christian. I never noticed that.

I usually watch MSNBC but I didn't notice any bias against Christians on that channel. In fact, the first reports about the shooting in Norway was that the killer was Muslim.

What do you think? Is the news biases against Christians?

No, but conservative Christians in this country have a persecution complex.

No, but conservative Christians in this country have a persecution complex.

This. And he did self-identify as a Fundamentalist Christian. I don't think reporting that he professed a belief in that is equating all Christians or all fundies even, with him. They are merely showing what he wrote and said he believed in his "manifestos". I don't see how it's any different from saying a terrorist was a jihadist or did something in the name of radical Islam. We all know true Islam is not terrorism, neither is true Christianity.

In fact, I think they would be disservice to people by not saying that he was Fundamentalist Christian. Regardless of whether he fits that movement, he still professed a belief and in order to fully understand why he did what he did, we need to investigate and understand his mindset and motivations. if we simply write him as a plain extremist or crazy then we can't do that.

Then you don't watch much Fox news. :)

This week's Daily Show did a lovely bit about the right wing claiming to be victims. http://www.hulu.com/watch/263105/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-gop-special-victims-unit It's good for a chuckle.

I love John Stewart. :D Although I know that Fox twists their reports, I was surprised that they would outright lie. It shows that their listeners probably never watch other news or Fox couldn't get away with such blatant dishonesty. The first report that I heard on the young man who was planning another attack on Fort Hood was that he was Muslim. They even showed a video of him praying. That was on MSNBC.

Have you ever tried to watch Fox News as if it were some kind of olympic sport (to see how long you could last)? I did once. I think I lasted an hour and a half. I sometimes watch O'Rielly or Huckabee to make fun of them.

I totally meant to post the link to Jon Stewart's episode earlier this week. It was so spot on with the CHRISTIANS ARE PERSECUTED AND NO ONE ELSE IS!!11111!!!!1111! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Have you ever tried to watch Fox News as if it were some kind of olympic sport (to see how long you could last)? I did once. I think I lasted an hour and a half. I sometimes watch O'Rielly or Huckabee to make fun of them.

My in-laws got Fox News as one of those free preview things over December last year. Hubby and I did a similar thing while we were staying there over Christmas - how long can we watch before our heads explode, and lo and behold, we tune into Glenn Beck's Christmas special! We alternated between laughing so hard we could hardly breathe to passing out from sheer horror for about an hour before we realized it wasn't emotionally healthy for either of us.

Archived