IGNORED

Richard "Little Bear" Wheeler

meda

This guy is just precious. An associate of Dougie (is a tool), he runs Living Water Fellowship, a sister church of the Boerne Christian Assembly.

lwfchurch.org/pastors/littlebear/

He also produces bizzare revisionist history books and pushes a very specific type of "courtship" that is pretty much parent arranged marriage. Checkout this weird video of his "charge" to his son in law at his daughter's wedding:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Y15VzAVO4po

I hate the "Little Bear" quotations part of his name. Drives me crazy.

I thought I'd read/heard somewhere that Doug Phillips had a falling out with Little Bear, and his products weren't as featured in the VF catalog? I think I remember reading about it on Jen Epstein's blog.

ETA: jensgems.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/doug-phillips-shuns-little-bear-wheeler/ Not sure if its true or not.

I hate the "Little Bear" quotations part of his name. Drives me crazy.

I thought I'd read/heard somewhere that Doug Phillips had a falling out with Little Bear, and his products weren't as featured in the VF catalog? I think I remember reading about it on Jen Epstein's blog.

Supposedly, but Jen is not exactly an unbiased source. His stuff is still sold in the catalogue and the recordings are on Bluebehemoth.com

Y15VzAVO4po

Awww so cute! His daughter is an arrow that needs to be sheltered! I think he fucked his analogy up a bit, though.

3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

So the daughter is an arrow that has been "sheltered and loved" "guarded and watched" in his (meaning wheeler's) quiver... now he took her out of HIS quiver and sticks her in her new husband's quiver.

I thought your arrows were your children? How does your wife become your child?

Then he goes on a ramble on how the arrow that he "shot out" landed in china... "when you shoot the arrow, especially at this distance, who knows the impact that the arrow will have."

Wait, do we shelter our arrows or do we randomly fire shit in the air and see who it kills blesses?

This is some serious fucked up shit! SHES NOT AN ARROW SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER.

The tool himself shows up at 7:45 to bless them. Dougie "lays hands" only on the menz - and rambles about how no one in china loves children.

beGrf1_CvcY

HOLY. FUCK. 3:20

He has the boy get on his knees and "knights" him with a FUCKING SWORD! He goes on and on about how his daughter has been protected and is to be submissive. Her virginity is a "diamond" that he has kept in a black bag that is out on display for all to see.

What the fuck is with this guy and giving out weapons at weddings?

That second one is of Noelle Wheeler and Joshua Goforth. This is the couple that had the severely premature baby, refused government assistance to help pay for the hospital bills, and scared the hospital staff by Noelle being so submissive that every health care decision had to be referred to Joshua.

This is a wingnut site slanted towards the parents, but you get the idea:

wnd.com/2002/06/14394/

It does appear that he's divorced himself of the tool. Not a single reference to VF on their site.

lwfchurch.org/pastors/littlebear

His FB page is also rather interesting.

facebook.com/richardlittlebearwheeler

That second one is of Noelle Wheeler and Joshua Goforth. This is the couple that had the severely premature baby, refused government assistance to help pay for the hospital bills, and scared the hospital staff by Noelle being so submissive that every health care decision had to be referred to Joshua.

This is a wingnut site slanted towards the parents, but you get the idea:

wnd.com/2002/06/14394/

Thanks for the link. I've heard about this couple before. Does anyone have any updates on them?

They have gone on to have three more kids, one of whom was born 10 months after William. William has the brain function of a 4 month old. He cannot walk, talk, or feed himself.

They have gone on to have three more kids, one of whom was born 10 months after William. William has the brain function of a 4 month old. He cannot walk, talk, or feed himself.

Theres a pic of him in the 1/22 FB status but I cant find anything else.

My god! That way too close spacing with one of the children being so severely disabled.

My god! That way too close spacing with one of the children being so severely disabled.

That always made me so mad! I mean really, if you're struggling with taking care of a baby in the NICU the last thing you need is to get pregnant with another. I do wonder if Josh and Noelle use some method of birth control now because their kids (after the first two) are spaced out and their youngest looks like she's 4 or 5. On the plus side, Noelle looks waayyy healthier and younger than most fundie brides look after a few years and she's been married for 10+ years.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Just been listenng to the 'Leaving the Village' podcast by Jessica Goforth and Kathleen Reynolds—both grew up in ATI and were at training centres. Can't find any mention of them on fj except for the marriage of Noelle Wheeler and Josh Goforth. Jessica has a brother called Josh. 

The podcast is at least a year old, and they both spoke to Katie Joy in 2021 I think. Anybody know anything about them?