IGNORED

You hang out on FJ too much when... The Pearls

Slt

My birth month board on the bump made me have an 'oh shit!' moment tonight.

community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71706916.aspx

And this poor girl who has no idea what it means....

Edited by Three and Done to properly break the link. ;)

Thanks for including the picture- I want to say something so badly, but there is NO way I could. Poor thing- doesn't understand that the tattoo she got to represent her son has this underlying agenda of hitting said "joy" of her son with a plumbing line. I wonder if anyone will ever recognize and ask?

Note to self:

Google shit before:

1 - naming your child something "original" sounding (it may mean something awful in another language)

2 - permanently engraving it on your or someone else's body

I would imagine 99% of the population will see it and think it's just a fluffy motivational type phrase, rather than finding it shudder-inducing. Gives me the creeps, though. And the font. Oh, god, the font. Scriptina. I remember plastering it on everything when I first discovered it in like 2002. I'd be perfectly content never seeing it again. I mean, at least get the tattoo artist to customize it a bit so it doesn't look like a Word printout?

Yes, I am well aware- it is also the name of the very lucrative child abuse business run by the Pearls. Too bad she didn't know to pick another verse!

I'd be perfectly content never seeing [scriptina] again. I mean, at least get the tattoo artist to customize it a bit so it doesn't look like a Word printout?

Look on the bright side: at least the woman didn't go for Papyrus.

Phew ! for a minute I thought she'd gotten it done in homage to the Churls...

I see this as a glass-half-full thing. Some day she'll be sitting somewhere with her legs crossed and some stranger will gush, "oooh, do you follow the Pearls, too?" She'll say, "What??" and the stranger will describe the child-beating, spirit-crushing abuse that passes as child-rearing. The lady will be disgusted and horrified, as will everybody who overhears the gusher ... and they'll run and find plumbing line with which to switch the gushing Churl fan. It'll be guerilla theater against child abuse!!! :twisted:

Look on the bright side: at least the woman didn't go for Papyrus.

Or Comic Sans. Save me from Comic Sans.

Archived