IGNORED

Gomer Pyle gets gay married

PennySycamore

Congratulations to Jim Nabors and his husband. I wish them nothing but the best. They've been together for nearly 40 years? Wow!

As a kid I used to eschew "The Andy Griffith Show" because I figured it would just feature a bunch of dumb, backwards yokels. I grew up in a small town, and a majority of people I dealt with were mean-spirited, bigoted, and narrow-minded. However, I have caught up on a few reruns of "The Andy Griffith Show" that are aired here in Milwaukee, and I find the show to be completely delightful and the characters to be kind, smart, and quite progressive for the time.

I'm pretty sure it was being used facetiously, as when people around here speak of "teh gayz" or the "homosexual agenda" as a sort of parody of right wing rhetoric.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, like Paul Lynde and other gay folks from my childhood who were "closeted" but it was an open secret that they were gay. I'm so glad that my reaction to this news, and that of many others, is "so what". We love who we love.

I am so happy for them! I'm surprised no fundies have started complaining about how evil he is.

Archived