IGNORED

Uganda's "Kill the Gays Bill" is back!

dawn9476

Apparently, it was not dead despite what the media said. Parliament ran out of time to debate it in the last session and will take it up in the new session. It could be voted on at the end of August since it is being fast tracked.

thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/death-penalty-for-being-gay-uganda-kill-the-gays-bill-fast-tracked/politics/2011/07/28/24531

If this passes, anyone for starting a charity program to help the gay people in Uganda and get them out if need be? Preferably to somewhere with equal rights for gays, like most of the Northeast, or Canada, or something?

I really hope it doesn't pass. Really really hope.

Can a gay person from Uganda get political asylum in Europe or the US? If I had two pennies to rub together I would give at least one of them to any group helping to get them out.

I hope, if nothing else, they can get asylum. But I also hope the countries that give aid cease unless this is dropped. How can you give aid to a country who will kill people simply for being who they are.

And yet, here in the states, we have people like Steven Anderson who want exactly this. How sad. Perhaps someone should mention to him this so he'll move there.

Archived