IGNORED

Karis Evangelynn Mueller

xReems

Joe and Mary Jane Mueller just became parents a few days ago to a baby girl. Joe Mueller is the younger brother of Valerie Waller, the woman who is married to Adam Waller (David Waller's older brother). Apparently, this couple got married back in March and a month later, she got knocked up. These fundies don't take too long with becoming parents. Cute baby but of course, they went the Greek route and named her Karis (Like John and Esther Shrader's Charis but with a "K"). I don't think I have ever heard of the name Evangelynn before. At first, I thought they might have given her that middle name since Joe is a international evangelist but then I thought that would have been weird. Then again, I wouldn't put it past any fundies with the names they come up with.

Interesting enough-Valerie and Adam's 1 year anniversary is coming up in March and have yet to announce a pregnancy. Hmmm, interesting.

muellermice.blogspot.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, a creative spelling of "Evangeline," I suppose.

I wish people wouldn't do that.

Anyway, Evangeline more or less means "messenger of good news" and IIRC sometimes Jesus Christ is referred to as "The Evangel" but I could be trippin' ... haven't had breakfast yet.

"Charis" derives from the Greek for "grace" or "kindness," so the little booger is a graceful bringer of good news. I've got some good news for her, when she's old enough: She has a choice not to live in the goofus way her parents want her to.

Kinda off-topic - am I the only person who thinks "K" is just kind of an ugly letter? I feel the same way about "D" and "W", always have. Thus folks who make Charis into Karis and Chloe into Kloe make me feel very kurlish and krabby.

Wow. As the years go on, someone's going to have to make a fundy family tree... Which is going to look very intertwined. Are there really that few quiverfull families that we can play three degrees of Jinger Duggar with them all?

Edited for spelling... Fundies are not funny, whatever my autocorrect thinks

I just get irked when fundies and mormons get creative with names. I understand they want to make it unique but sometimes they take it a bit too...what the word, wtf?!

Not going to lie, the baby is extremely cute. Love chubby cheeks on babies but it breaks my heart to know that this girl is to be taught that her only goal in life is to wait for a guy God has for her, become a submissive wife, cook and clean while the husband "works" and pop out as many of God's little blessings as she can.

Im sure all fundies seem to be related to eachother, at this rate theyre going to have to convert some new people so they dont have to resort to incest.

Evangelynn is a strange spelling of Evangeline

Anyway, Evangeline more or less means "messenger of good news" and IIRC sometimes Jesus Christ is referred to as "The Evangel" but I could be trippin' ... haven't had breakfast yet.

"Charis" derives from the Greek for "grace" or "kindness," so the little booger is a graceful bringer of good news. I've got some good news for her, when she's old enough: She has a choice not to live in the goofus way her parents want her to.

Kinda off-topic - am I the only person who thinks "K" is just kind of an ugly letter? I feel the same way about "D" and "W", always have. Thus folks who make Charis into Karis and Chloe into Kloe make me feel very kurlish and krabby.

Gee, thanks - my first name and last name both start with K.... ;) but I won't take it personally.

I guess there really is no middle ground between families with 3 Anna-s, 5 Sarah-s, 8 Mary-s and 10 Jacksons, and kreating a yhounieque jumble of letters for each blessing.

I don't think "Karis" is terrible; it's phonetically accurate, at least. I bet people mispronounce the "Charis" spelling as though the "Ch" was like "Charity".

I'm giving them until the end of the year to announce baby #2. These fundies multiply like guppies.

Wow. As the years go on, someone's going to have to make a fundy family tree... Which is going to look very intertwined. Are there really that few quiverfull families that we can play three degrees of Jinger Duggar with them all?

Edited for spelling... Fundies are not funny, whatever my autocorrect thinks

That's actually a really good idea one of us should start a fundie family tree. It would probably help some of the newer FJ members from getting confused. It will also be helpful once all the Duggar kids and Bates kids and several of the other families we follow start marrying their kids off. I predict that if Quiverful continues for another generation or so the family trees are going to get pretty twisted Just imagine in a few decades when the fundie royalty's family trees start to look like the family trees of European royal houses like the Hapsburgs.

Yeah, Evangelynn / Evangeline / Evangel comes from the Greek, eu-angelion, which means good-message, and it's a name for the gospels. ("Angel" comes from the same root - messenger.)

I specifically named one of my kids with a K rather than a C because I felt the K looked better in script. :lol:

That little girl has some sweet little cheeks! I'd have to kiss them a bunch because who wouldn't want to kiss those sweet, chubby little cheeks??

I wonder if she was overdue? 9lbs 13 oz is a bit on the larger size. Mary Jane wasn't a very big lady when she got married, but she looked very pregnant in the photo the family posted.

I think they must have gotten pregnant within a month of getting married. They were married March 17 (and I'm sure they got lucky that night... sorry, I couldn't resist) and with a birth in January, they had to conceive in April, right?

I had a student named Karis, spelled the same way. I have a sorority sister who named her daughter Evangeline. It seems to be a name that is becoming popular- I'm seeing it via other friends/friends of friends babies on Facebook. I think Evangeline is becoming popular because of the actress Evangeline Lilly from Lost. Also, the "older" names are making a comeback.

I agree with the creative spellings... enough. And I most certainly could have done without the wisdom teeth photos.

I just get irked when fundies and mormons get creative with names. I understand they want to make it unique but sometimes they take it a bit too...what the word, wtf?!

/quote]

Looked at school class lists or seen birth announcements in newspapers lately? Fundies are not the only ones getting creative with names. There are some might weird names around. I feel sorry for the kids when they end up with a name no one knows how to pronounce or spell.

Yeah, creatively spelled names arent just fundie things. Ive seen some awful names on non fundie kids too.

Just ask any teacher.... in my teaching tenure, I encountered many, creative, unique cray-cray names. That's when you make note of names you'll never consider if you have children. Who wants to spend their entire life spelling their name for people because your parents thought it would be neat to spell your name to set you apart from the crowd. Life is hard enough as it is without giving your child a name with some weird ass spelling.

I went to school with a girl whose name was spelled "Rachelle"- but her parents insisted her name was pronounced "Rachel"... no dumbasses- your daughter's name is pronounced "Ruh-shell". If you wanted her to be called "Rachel" then that's what you should have spelled her name that way.

This is also why, when my cousin was pregnant, I steered her away from all these creative, unique, popular names. I told her "Do you want your little girl to be one of six girls in her class named Quinn/Riley/Emma? Pick a name everyone can pronounce and spell easily." I suggested one name and that is my goddaughter's name. Thanks be to God it's a beautiful, timeless, easy to spell and pronounce name. I never thought she'd ever go with my suggestion, but she did and the name fits the child perfectly. My goddaughter will thank me later!

Archived