IGNORED

Courtship Season at McDonald's

Drunkenbutterfly

At THE McDonald's.

Jessica seems to be courting some guy from California.

AND *drumroll* : Melissa seems to be courting Garrison Sanford, IIRC Jessica's ex-boyfriend. Dan Beasley anyone? :mrgreen:

Edit: Source FB

And here I was hoping for another super klassy Arby's-style engagement(complete with 6" courting ruler and daddy slipping the ring onto the finger of the bride-to-be)...

And here I was hoping for another super klassy Arby's-style proposal(complete with 6" courting ruler and daddy slipping the ring onto the finger of the bride-to-be)...

And here I was hoping for another super klassy Arby's-style engagement(complete with 6" courting ruler and daddy slipping the ring onto the finger of the bride-to-be)...

So was I. :lol:

According to Stacy's FB, Melissa isn't just courting Garrison... she's engaged! Wow! That seems really fast yet, it's hard to know how long it's been going on and we haven't heard about it. After Tiffany's failed courtship (and even Jessica's) they've become pretty quiet about such things. From the pics it looks like some of the family was there for the blessed event... which seems intrusive to me.

And I find it just a little weird that Melissa's engaged to Jessica's ex-boyfriend. Maybe it's okay but it still seems weird.

Thanks for this - they sure have been keeping these courtships under the radar since all of the hoopla surrounding Tiffany's first, failed courtship several years ago.

At THE McDonald's.

Jessica seems to be courting some guy from California.

AND *drumroll* : Melissa seems to be courting Garrison Sanford, IIRC Jessica's ex-boyfriend. Dan Beasley anyone? :mrgreen:

Edit: Source FB

Did Dan Beasley "date" one of the other Wissman girls before marrying Bethany :o ?

I thought fundies could only eat at Chick-fil-a.

I really dislike the McDonalds, my main knowledge of them being from Stacey's blog. They are so pompous & arrogant, particularly for two people who were pretty "sinful." No one is godly enough for them, I remember reading a post where she pointed out every single godawful thing in that Soul Surfer movie (The actress portraying Bethany Hamilton wore a bikini. Horrific, I know). I'm actually shocked that they are courting anyone, I would expect them of all people to have Botkin syndrome.

It took me the entire string of posts to work out that this was about Stacy McDonald's daughters. I was still thinking it was an arby's style courtshit (typo, but maybe I'll leave it) halfway through. How old is Jessica now? And Melissa? I still think of them as the "younger sisters" since I stopped reading Stacy's blog several years ago. All the essential oils just got old.

I thought the title meant they were courting at McDonald's. It would be great snark material for one of them to get engagedvat a McDonald's.

According to Stacy's FB, Melissa isn't just courting Garrison... she's engaged! Wow! That seems really fast yet, it's hard to know how long it's been going on and we haven't heard about it. After Tiffany's failed courtship (and even Jessica's) they've become pretty quiet about such things. From the pics it looks like some of the family was there for the blessed event... which seems intrusive to me.

And I find it just a little weird that Melissa's engaged to Jessica's ex-boyfriend. Maybe it's okay but it still seems weird.

I guess you can date a different sister if you never gave pieces of your heart to the first one? I don't know the whole thing seems weird. Can someone more familiar with this family give us a relationship timeline?

Did Dan Beasley "date" one of the other Wissman girls before marrying Bethany :o ?

Nope, BUT -> Direct quote: "To see if I even had a chance of someday marrying one of his daughters (I wanted to put my name in the hat if nothing else)" from that post: bloggingbeth.blogspot.de/2009/07/beginning.html

According to Stacy's FB, Melissa isn't just courting Garrison... she's engaged!

Great find! Well, we'll see how this one turns out. :lol:

I guess you can date a different sister if you never gave pieces of your heart to the first one? I don't know the whole thing seems weird. Can someone more familiar with this family give us a relationship timeline?

The McDonalds have four older daughters: Christa (married before they were super into courtship), Tiffany, Melissa, and Jessica. The three oldest are James' from his first marriage, Jessica is Stacy's only daughter from her first marriage. They used to live near me and were super annoying so I kept up on them afterwards.

Timeline

Tiffany:

Spring 2008: Tiffany Mcdonald begins courting Jared Cave, both James and Stacy make a big deal about it being a pre-engagement and to break it off is the same as divorce. http://web.archive.org/web/200805071128 ... rings.html Tiffany never looked happy in this relationship and interestingly enough, Ben Hector (now her husband) was around that summer and there are pictures of them both looking unhappy.

Fall 2008ish: Tiffany ends the engagement with Jared Cave.

Early 2009-2010: Ben Hector enters the scene; he's not mentioned until it gets more serious. He and Tiffany get married in May 2010. http://www.itsthesimplethingsDOTblogspot.com/ She moves out to CA and they now have 2 kids. They act fundie-lite but still have some weird beliefs and do dumb things at times.

Jessica:

2010-2011ish: Courting Garrison Sanford long distance as he is in the military.

August 2011: Relationship ends. Jessica blogs about love and loss, etc. http://insertfootinopenmouthDOTblogspot ... slove.html

Early 2013: Now courting a new guy in CA, probably a friend of Ben and Tiffany's.

Now Melissa, the quiet daughter, is engaged to Garrison Sanford, Jessica's former beau. Melissa is an interesting study as she was never much discussed nor had a blog until Tiffany married and left. Now it's like she's Tiffany's replacement.

This isn't complete by any means but it works.

The McDonalds have four older daughters: Christa (married before they were super into courtship), Tiffany, Melissa, and Jessica. The three oldest are James' from his first marriage, Jessica is Stacy's only daughter from her first marriage. They used to live near me and were super annoying so I kept up on them afterwards.

Great job, Abby_B. Glad you relocated the first engagement entry; James & Stacey purged those entries PDQ.

I found James MacDonald's first wife's blog (sandysplace-sandy.blogspot.com/) where she says the following:

I am also the mother of James McDonald VI,Christa McDonald Blanchard,Tiffany McDonald, [and] Melissa McDonald

She also has another blog (apeekintosandysgarden.blogspot.com/) with more details; there are more photos & information in 2008 entries.

I only read the post from the Wayback Machine, but these people sound like a bunch of whackados. Also, what is it about Fundies and dressing in costume (ie- Victorian dress )? Unless you're going to some legit costume party, leave the costumes in the closet.

Thanks Abbey_B!

Astonishing. Seriously. So does this mean that Jessica owns part of Garrison's heart since he gave away a piece of it? Melissa should protest!

• 2 weeks later...

So, apparently Melissa wrote on her blog that the courtship started at the beginning of this new year and the proposal came on Jan 19th. Huh, I mean, James had already evaluated Garrison, but...but how can you possibly know after less than 3 weeks that this is the person you wanna spend your life with? Especially since there is no divorce option for them.

So, apparently Melissa wrote on her blog that the courtship started at the beginning of this new year and the proposal came on Jan 19th. Huh, I mean, James had already evaluated Garrison, but...but how can you possibly know after less than 3 weeks that this is the person you wanna spend your life with? Especially since there is no divorce option for them.

I commented on that post to ask if there'd been any concerns/awkwardness over the fact that her sister courted the guy first.

That comment, not surprisingly, was deleted. :roll:

I commented on that post to ask if there'd been any concerns/awkwardness over the fact that her sister courted the guy first.

:dance:

I know... I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that they only courted for 20ish days. Ick. I mean, I know people who've gotten engaged within a three-four months (because they'd known one another for a long time before dating) but this is nuts. I certainly hope this doesn't end up like Tiffany's first courtship but it's hard to tell.

Haha. Good for you stonefruit! I'm tempted to do it too. :clap:

Archived