IGNORED

well here is the first armed school gaurd makes me feel safe

doggie

You said it, doggie. If there's going to be armed anyone in or around schools, they'd better be trained as fuck and following a strict protocol. As in not some dude being contracted by the school because he sounded like he'd be good for the job. He may have been a retired cop, but cops aren't trained to act as security guards in buildings full of children. This is exactly the problem with the idea that being trained to use a gun is all you need to make the people around you safe. It's not. Yet there are people who want to let random armed volunteers patrol schools.

I don't want schools turned into jails. Licensed, trained, employed security employees are one thing. Random gun nuts are another thing entirely.

Wouldn't it just be easier to... you know... get rid of guns?

Wouldn't it just be easier to... you know... get rid of guns?

sola, here's your answer: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/us/piers- ... index.html :o :( :lol: :doh:

Oh and we've had armed officers in school for years. It's been mentioned on this forum that Columbine High had armed officers; even armed military officers at Fort Hood, yet the shootings still happened.

BTW, the smiles after the link are to denote how I felt at different points of the interview. I want to totally laugh at these nutjobs until I remember how dangerous they are.

I don't want schools turned into jails. Licensed, trained, employed security employees are one thing. Random gun nuts are another thing entirely.

Have you seen the documentary The War on Kids? Lots of schools already look way too much like prisons:

Archived