IGNORED

This certainly registered on my WTF-o-meter- Above Rubies

GenerationCedarchip

So, you're either a beautiful flower of fundie womanhood or you're trying to be a man?

The logic of this article blows my mind. She starts off by saying that the women who aren't serene and perfectly behaved aren't feminine. However, if you're worried about your own perfection, you're not feminine either.

Since women obviously can't win, by the time I got halfway through the article I just wanted to put up my feet and eat ice cream out of the container. And since this lady thinks we all look bad in jeans anyway, who cares about the calories?

Article is here:

jasmine-aboverubies.blogspot.com/2011/07/imitation-of-man.html

PS And MADONNA as one of the "leading examples of female accomplishment"??!! :confusion-questionmarks:

I had the bumper sticker on my old myspace page "Well behaved women rarely make history". This is my motto and I stand by it !

They list "strength" both under what womanly traits should be, and masculine traits that women should definitely NOT aspire to.

Oh god, I'm so confused... :P

Someone better copy it because she seems to have upset her readers. Read the comments, most disagree with her. Prepare for the post being removed. ;)

The logic of this article blows my mind. She starts off by saying that the women who aren't serene and perfectly behaved aren't feminine. However, if you're worried about your own perfection, you're not feminine either.

Women are supposed to be effortlessly perfect, see.

Someone better copy it because she seems to have upset her readers. Read the comments, most disagree with her. Prepare for the post being removed. ;)

I kind of wondered about that, too. I do give her a tiny sliver of credit for not blocking all those dissenting comments, but her responses to them cracked me up.

*now off to bat my eyes at the headship and blush with innocence*

They list "strength" both under what womanly traits should be, and masculine traits that women should definitely NOT aspire to.

Yeah, but strength is a "core" masculine trait and... umm... err..... not a core trait to women!?!?! I guess I will just sit here, blush and bat my eyelashes, hoping it will all somehow make sense. I am not holding out much hope though.

PS And MADONNA as one of the "leading examples of female accomplishment"??!! :confusion-questionmarks:

Isn't she? She's being used as a worldly example here, not one of Biblical femininity.

But yikes, this is a WTF moment. Those examples of femininity are certainly .....western world-centric, too aren't they?

Blechh.

I think the picture on the left, at the top of the blog, looks like a call girl waiting for a john.

Ideal femininity, indeed! :roll:

I'm feminine because I'm female. Everything I do is feminine by default. I could get a degree in a STEM field while playing in mud, wearing baggy overalls, and hitting on men, and I would still be feminine. Doing those things won't magically make me sprout a penis.

There's more to life than conforming to someone else's opinion of femininity. If she doesn't like what I do, it's no skin off my nose. And any man that would care that much about is not a man worth having IMO.

Yeah, but strength is a "core" masculine trait and... umm... err..... not a core trait to women!?!?! I guess I will just sit here, blush and bat my eyelashes, hoping it will all somehow make sense. I am not holding out much hope though.

If you figure it out, let me know. I've gone and got all confused again, and this is why:

My ex-boyfriend liked it when I batted my eyelashes at him, so when I met my now-husband (headship), I tried it on him. He basically told me that I was trying too hard and to knock it off. Now what am I supposed to do!? :doh:

"Straightforwardness" and "simplicity" are among the masculine traits which should be avoided by Real Women? I mean, the whole list is ridiculous but is she actually saying that women should try to be rambling, obscure, duplicitous, and manipulative?

"Straightforwardness" and "simplicity" are among the masculine traits which should be avoided by Real Women? I mean, the whole list is ridiculous but is she actually saying that women should try to be rambling, obscure, duplicitous, and manipulative?

Okay - she tries to explain it all today in a new post:

jasmine-aboverubies.blogspot.com/2011/07/imitation-of-man-part-2.html

I am still confused - REALLY confused. It's almost like she's saying it's good to be strong or ambitious, unless of course you're really good at it in which case you should back off and let your man lead. We don't have a shovel smiley for digging the hole deeper and deeper, do we?

she should avoid projecting her manly fearlessness even in the unlikely case that it is genuine and not the customary false female bravada that crumbles the moment it is challenged.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fact, I don't think there are enough :lol: for me to convey how I really feel about this POS.

The female brain obviously cannot comprehend this sophisticated philosophy. We should just stop questioning and submit. [/sarcasm]

The female brain obviously cannot comprehend this sophisticated philosophy. We should just stop questioning and submit. [/sarcasm]

well if she understands what she's saying it's obviously bcause she's too manly...

Guest Anonymous
she should avoid projecting her manly fearlessness even in the unlikely case that it is genuine and not the customary false female bravada that crumbles the moment it is challenged.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In fact, I don't think there are enough :lol: for me to convey how I really feel about this POS.

Nor is there enough booze in the world to get me drunk enough to stumble through this bullshit.

Archived