IGNORED

Women are to Blame for Mens' Distraction on the Battlefield

Anxious Girl

Looks like Dicky Santorum isn't the only 1 who thinks that men can't control their own fucking hormones due to women: http://ontd-political.livejournal.com/. I mean, what the fuck? :shock: Tom Cotton is a GOP representive. Keep talking, republican party. Keep talking. Your party'll be extinct in a few decades. Waiting for Jericho to defend this sick fuck's statements in 3... 2.. 1! Got this from ONTD_political.

So while I have never served in the military I have quite a few friends and family who have. Without a doubt they believe that on the battlefield there is no gender, there is no color. Every soldier is family and every soldier will do everything possible to protect their brother or sister. As much as I'm amused by the ramblings of the GOP when they play the "Oh noes!!! It a woman!!11!!" how about they get some first hand experience before they spout off about something that they have no idea?

Psst...here's a hint. Just because you can't figure out how to control yourself around women doesn't mean that the rest of the world can't! I know a few female soldiers who would put you, David and Doug "is a tool" Phillips to shame when it comes to being tough and handling/making decisions. But of course they should be sitting at home patiently waiting on their man, right?

So who's to blame for all the times men got distracted on the battlefield and there weren't any women there?

Oh, silly me, I'm sure it was because the men were *thinking* about women, or some such horseshit. :roll: Rule #1 of Fundiness: It's always a woman's fault, ALWAYS.

My dad, who has served in the armed forces for over twenty years in special operations, has always said that it is always the civilians that have a bigger problem with units changing (such as Don't Ask Don't Tell and allowing women in combat) than those actually in the military because they don't understand how things work and that yes units do change but the unit gets over it and becomes more dynamic.

TBQH, if a man is so distracted by the poor weak wimminfolk that he can't properly do his job when they're around, he's not fit to do that particular job.

My dad, who has served in the armed forces for over twenty years in special operations, has always said that it is always the civilians that have a bigger problem with units changing (such as Don't Ask Don't Tell and allowing women in combat) than those actually in the military because they don't understand how things work and that yes units do change but the unit gets over it and becomes more dynamic.

I've heard the corollary to that is that WITHIN the military (well, the Navy, which is the branch I have relatives in) it's the high-ranking people in charge who have more of a problem than the people actually serving on the ships/boats.

So they'll say, well, we can't let women serve in [some job] because it would be too expensive, you'd have to completely rebuild X Y and Z to allow for complete segregation while doing activities W and Z... out of some fear of backlash from the outside, while people actually doing activities W and Z will say, "nah, we don't care, a far simpler solution that doesn't involve building anything is okay with us, we can handle it." It's similar to the lawsuit paranoia the upper echelons of some companies have, I guess, and definitely age/generation is a factor.

I think what we have learned from fundies, is that women are to blame for everything ever...even if half of the time its mens self control issues that are to blame

Archived