IGNORED

Trainwreck blog

snarktastic

Poor girl, shes missing out on so much that she has been trained to fear. She really has issues, shes afraid of everything outside of her little bubble, nomatter how harmless.

I guess NO would be a shock to someone who has been that sheltered.

But it IS really sad that someone could go to NO and not enjoy eating.

If nothing else, could we say Cafe du Monde? A po boy? A fantastic cup of coffee?

Unfortunately, I don't think this blog is a fake.

Holy shit, I'd cut off my ears if I could go to New Orleans.

Her mum commented on that post too, looks like she used to have her own blog then amalgamated with Shelby.

As a PP suggested, I hope to hell this is some sort of literary experiment. This:"Daddy has been needing more of my undivided attention." sent all sorts of red flags a waving for me. Why, on G-d's green earth does a grown ass man need his teen daughter's undivided attention??? Please let this be some writer's hoax on fundies. If not, it is deeply distrubing on so mnay levels. :cry:

If nothing else, could we say Cafe du Monde? A po boy? A fantastic cup of coffee?

Did this ditz go to the same New Orleans I visited a couple of years ago? The food there was so transcendent (KPaul's, Commodore's Palace, Cafe du Monde, Central Grocery) that I sadly realized I could never live there--I'd never be able to stick to healthy foods and eat in moderation! And the French Quarter was a pleasant, family-friendly place to wander around. I attended a service at the UU Church there, and had an enjoyable lunch with some of the parishioners.

I don't think this blog is a fake either, unfortunately. I looked intently for Poe signs and found none.

And the "Daddy needing my undivided attention"? Blecch. The only time my father needed my undivided attention was when he was 87 and widowed and in failing health.

Did this ditz go to the same New Orleans I visited a couple of years ago? The food there was so transcendent (KPaul's, Commodore's Palace, Cafe du Monde, Central Grocery) that I sadly realized I could never live there--I'd never be able to stick to healthy foods and eat in moderation! And the French Quarter was a pleasant, family-friendly place to wander around. I attended a service at the UU Church there, and had an enjoyable lunch with some of the parishioners.

I don't think this blog is a fake either, unfortunately. I looked intently for Poe signs and found none.

And the "Daddy needing my undivided attention"? Blecch. The only time my father needed my undivided attention was when he was 87 and widowed and in failing health.

That's different from what my not sheltered sister and cousin both say about NO. They felt very unsafe there. The food was good, but otherwise they found it full of crime and very dirty. In either case I can see it being a shock to somebody who is sheltered.

And the daddy needing her undivided attention is just plain creepy. Very creepy. My dad has my mom for that, and even my grandpa only needed his daughter's attention that much after my grandmother died.

The fuck is it with these fundies that every single thing under the sun has to ultimately lead to abortion? New Orleans = sinful = marijuana smoking = full dumpsters = fleur de lis ABORTION. What the hell?

The food is always one of the first things I think of when someone even mentions New Orleans. I also don't understand the repeated mentions of garbage dumps in restaurant doorways. What part of the city did she visit? :?

I dont think this is a fake blogger. I just think they are straight up weird. That wannabe flowery writing gave me the heebs.

She lost me at "Marmee". I'm tempted to go leave a "Jo was a feminist" comment.

I had to browse with downcast eyes (which is difficult!), glancing carefully at the bottom of every rack to determine if it was safe for viewing. You may call me sheltered if you like - I do not mind. I am infinitely glad that I am sheltered for when I did accidentally catch a glimpse of some very wicked things, I was anxious to escape the marketplace and Daddy was all too ready to oblige.

Holy shit,they did everything in their power to make themselves miserable on their trip. They had to go back to the hotel because she was so scared of seeing something sinful. Then again, she actually gets pretty hateful towards the end of her piece, so maybe it's better that she keeps herself isolated.

She lost me at "Marmee". I'm tempted to go leave a "Jo was a feminist" comment.

Hell, Marmee was an even bigger one. She was based on Alcott's mother, who was one of the first (if not the first) professional social workers in New England. In Little Women, Marmee was out of the house leaving the girls to their own devices so much because she had an actual job. (I didn't figure this out until I was an adult and had read a lot more about Alcott.)

Hell, Marmee was an even bigger one. She was based on Alcott's mother, who was one of the first (if not the first) professional social workers in New England. In Little Women, Marmee was out of the house leaving the girls to their own devices so much because she had an actual job. (I didn't figure this out until I was an adult and had read a lot more about Alcott.)

I feel silly because it never dawned on me that Marmee wasn't anything but a minor character because she wasn't always "there". I think it's time to brush up on my Alcott history. Thanks, Hane! :D

She is a very pretty girl. That New Orleans post is creepy. Daddy gave her lessons in deportment before he took her out to eat? She gave her heart anew to him? Poor girl. How old is she?

Eta: Daddy also told her she needed to work on not being anxious in situations like walking the streets of New Orleans. UMMM, hello, Daddy, wouldn't it help if you didn't freak out in every single shop and pull her out of there like it was on fire??

That pretty much sums it up, right?

The chick sees a fleur de lis and practically pisses herself from the sinfulness. But saddling an innocent kid with the name of a pro-slavery Civil War general is A-OK. Good plan.

I just read a looooonnnnggg post about how she doesn't have time to blog or write as much as she wants b/c she's making daddy breakfast, washing dishes, running errands, cooking, taking care of siblings. My question...what is Marmie doing??? Obviously it's not a big deal that she helps out at home, but it sounds like she is doing everything. Apparently daddy even wakes her up right before he leaves for work so she can make his tea and breakfast.

Thats kinda weird, with how much shes spending taking care of her dad. What exactly is her mom doing? Its like shes married to him instead of his daughter.

I dont think shes going to do well in the real world. How old is this girl? If her parents dont teach her how to cope with the real world and deal with her anxiety about being in strange places and exposed to new things, shes probably going to end up completely unable to function in the world.

Daddy also told her she needed to work on not being anxious in situations like walking the streets of New Orleans. UMMM, hello, Daddy, wouldn't it help if you didn't freak out in every single shop and pull her out of there like it was on fire??

My thoughts exactly! And this:

Daddy was urging me to leave again. When we were a safe distance from the store, he explained that they had bongs burning in the back and that the curious smell alarmed him. Were they really smoking marijuana?! I reminded him that the name of the store had the word "Hippy" in it, so we shouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
They had bongs burning? That doesn't even make sense. They may have had bongs for sale, but ten bucks says the "curious smell" was incense.

I was unlucky enough to have an IBS flare up during my recent trip to New Orleans. All I could stomach was omelets. I was sooooo upset when I got my order al Cafe du Monde and realized I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for the link to the Covenant Acres Blog, I'd missed that.

Daddy wanted to try to take me to dinner someplace else than the hotel restaurant. So we took to the streets of New Orleans. He gave me instructions in deportment and I did my best to heed his advice.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I had just read a news article that announced that Chick-fil-A was caving under the pressure from the sodomite community.

This doesn't read like it could possibly be for real, but rather like that Living Sacrifice blog, I have a horrible feeling it is. I get the feeling that she's gearing up to write an inspirational book about this, too.

Archived