IGNORED

So who wants to go hear Miss Raquel?

formergothardite

Guest Anonymous

I clicked the link and totally read that as "Tea-Guarding our Hearts". And assumed it must be the latest thing!

Nothing in the fundie world surprises me anymore.... :lol:

I actually wish I could, ha! It's 2.5 hours from me though and I don't think I can blend in as her target audience. Are you going?

I could probably pass for a 13 year old and pull a fundy outfit together... but I live nowhere near Washington. I'd be tempted to go if I was close.

Also the nose piercing might out me. ;)

"Tea-Guarding our Hearts" gave me a weird mental image of a woman in a frumper holding a teacup and saucer over her heart.

Emotions are a part of being human, the sooner these groups accept it the happier they'll be...or not.

I'm a three days drive away. I wish I could.

I wish these fundies would get the guts to come speak in a state that would challenge them. Like Buffalo(NY). Funny, I know these people exist, but in my community they are nowhere to be found, save a few friends I have that work at Aldi's. It makes me more scared that there are more of them than we think. I had no idea I had fundies in my area until said friend told me about a lady who sounds quiverfull that shops at her Aldi store.

ETA the state bc it was relevant

Not even close. It's too bad, 'cause f you put me in a frumper I'd probably be able to pass for a teenage girl. I don't think it'd raise too many eyebrows if single women in their 20s or even 30s went, since fundie women are expected to be childlike long after childhood.

I would like to start a new thread titled:

So who wants to go hear formergothardite give Miss Raquel a lesson in critical thinking?

Because THAT show I would drive hours to see!

So who wants to go hear formergothardite give Miss Raquel a lesson in critical thinking?

Maybe we could set up a skype/internet broadcast :D :pray: . Because yeah, that would be worth seeing!

**Raises hand** I'm game!

I'm a three days drive away. I wish I could.

I wish these fundies would get the guts to come speak in a state that would challenge them. Like Buffalo(NY). Funny, I know these people exist, but in my community they are nowhere to be found, save a few friends I have that work at Aldi's. It makes me more scared that there are more of them than we think. I had no idea I had fundies in my area until said friend told me about a lady who sounds quiverfull that shops at her Aldi store.

ETA the state bc it was relevant

Actually, both Washington, where Raquel is speaking, and Oregon, where she lives, are less religious states than New York, according to Gallup. Obviously there are more conservative pockets, but the Pacific NW is one of the most secular places in the country.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153479/missi ... state.aspx

She posted her excerpt. Unsurprisingly, in addition to being boring, it's ill-written. At least there are no Moodys getting hot and wet.

Actually, both Washington, where Raquel is speaking, and Oregon, where she lives, are less religious states than New York, according to Gallup. Obviously there are more conservative pockets, but the Pacific NW is one of the most secular places in the country.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153479/missi ... state.aspx

good point. Yeah, I guess it is more religious, just not as extreme.

She posted her excerpt. Unsurprisingly, in addition to being boring, it's ill-written. At least there are no Moodys getting hot and wet.

I'm hoping it will turn into a fundie version of Brokeback Mountain. What with one of the characters being called Heath...

how she totally doesn't have a crush on guys?

As a girl who only had crushes on girls for my first ten years of having hormones, I can't help reading this in a somewhat fundie-unfriendly way...

:lol: I'm up for it, but Miss Raquel wouldn't even respond to the very nice e-mail I sent her once, so I don't think she will be willing.

It is still my biggest wish that one day she will come here and not just for a quick, one post, you are a bunch of meanies, post, but for a real discussion. It would be the best Christmas present ever.

The latest guy she has interviewed sounds like a real winner. :roll:

To begin with, I admit that I am not really in touch with what today's youth are wearing, but his outfit in the picture of him sitting in the car doesn't seem to match at all to me. Jeans tucked into big white tennis shoes? A sriped shirt? A striped tie? A big pink plastic watch? Is that cool now? Of course, this is coming from the person who at one point teased my bangs up to heaven, used a crimping iron, and rivaled Jim Bob with my use of hairspray to keep my hair looking like that. :lol:

On modesty:

My thoughts would have to be first of all just dress right, you don’t need to be showing off skin, in fact if you want the wrong attention from the ‘bad guys’ guys that will break your heart, then by all means show as much skin as possible. Guys don’t need to be seeing your stuff and be thinking wrong thoughts, and doesn’t matter if the guy is a good guy, he will think those thoughts. There have been many a time I have had to turn my head away because of the way girls have been dressed, but it’s so awesome here in Canada because I have to do a lot less head turning eight months of the year (winter).

Oh Canadians! Don't you feel so blessed that you live in such cold weather that women are forced to be modest?!

I wish girls would dress in the thought of “How would my dad want me to look?†and “Is my dad happy with the way I dress?†I think that would eliminate a lot of issues concerning this topic.

Well that isn't creepy at all.

For example, I’m really into shoes. Just one of my quirks. Anyway, I pay very close attention to the kinds of shoes people wear and will probably notice them right away before anything else.

Somebody has a shoe fetish!

My view is this: Yes - if you are single, college is ok, but as soon as you get married your life is not your own anymore, especially if you start having kids. That’s when your husband is the one who should be the main provider.

Oh good god. Women are not objects owned by men.

The latest guy she has interviewed sounds like a real winner. :roll:

To begin with, I admit that I am not really in touch with what today's youth are wearing, but his outfit in the picture of him sitting in the car doesn't seem to match at all to me. Jeans tucked into big white tennis shoes? A sriped shirt? A striped tie? A big pink plastic watch? Is that cool now? Of course, this is coming from the person who at one point teased my bangs up to heaven, used a crimping iron, and rivaled Jim Bob with my use of hairspray to keep my hair looking like that. :lol:

Not just you. That guy's outfit is hilarious.

The part that really creeped me out was the whole "college is great when you're single but when you get married you should drop out and only focus on your husband". Correct me if I'm wrong here but if the person you loved was finding great personal fulfillment in going to school and learning skills that would benefit them wouldn't you want them to continue as opposed to giving all that up so they can focus on you and only you? That's not love- that's control.

Her most recent guy interviewed could go out and buy the girl he chooses to marry.

What is your view on college for girls? My view is this: Yes - if you are single, college is ok, but as soon as you get married your life is not your own anymore, especially if you start having kids. That’s when your husband is the one who should be the main provider.

Ummm..yeah...just because a person gets married it doesn't mean that they "lose" their life.

Please quit sending women back a few hundred years.

Miss Raquel is such a groupie. :lol:

sending Christmas packages (one to my bestie...another to one of my favorite Christian bands)

I have no idea who the guys she is live streaming with are. I guess some Christian band guys she is lusting after.

Also, I do hope that they are going to go take down those decorations that they went and put up on the side of the road. I also wonder if by doing that they made more work for some government employee who has to go pick up litter.

Archived