IGNORED

Another death because of Jesus

GiGi_41

He was beaten to death for not reading the Bible and doing home work?!?!?! I have no words for this. Yes I do. Sadistic fuckers. That's it.

heartbreaking :(

notice - they found him unresponsive and *called their pastor* ... Not an ambulance... they didn't call 911 until over an hour later.

notice - they found him unresponsive and *called their pastor* ... Not an ambulance... they didn't call 911 until over an hour later.

A pastor! Why not an exorcist! *explodes*

This is so sad. Hes such an adorable little boy, and now hes dead, over something so small. How could a parent do that to a child?

I love this comment: "The majority of people have no business having children. These two individuals prove my point." by NativeNevadan.

I love this comment: "The majority of people have no business having children. These two individuals prove my point." by NativeNevadan.

Same here & so true!

That is so sad

I have often wondered if child beatings stem from a parenting philosophy that sets parents and children in adversary roles in which one must win and one must loose.

Side note: It is interesting to see what people say the phrase “Remember you're the parent†when used in a power struggle between parent and child means.

I know my mother in law and my mother have polar opposite answers.

That is so sad

I have often wondered if child beatings stem from a parenting philosophy that sets parents and children in adversary roles in which one must win and one must loose.

Side note: It is interesting to see what people say the phrase “Remember your the parent†when used in a power struggle between parent and child means.

I know my mother in law and my mother have polar opposite answers.

I take this another way. You are the parent, you are the adult. You should show more self-control and grace than a small child.

I take this another way. You are the parent, you are the adult. You should show more self-control and grace than a small child.

That is how my mother in law means the phrase.

This is sick. There is never a good reason to beat a child, but when it is something over something trivial, and ultimately, unnecessary (and this is coming from a teacher -- homework is not "necessary", although it could keep someone back a grade -- and obviously the bible memorization is utterly unnecessary), I am just sick to think of it.

Are there other articles that indicate the parents were acting this way because of their religion? Or is this just assumed because the memorization was a reason for beating?

This is sick. There is never a good reason to beat a child, but when it is something over something trivial, and ultimately, unnecessary (and this is coming from a teacher -- homework is not "necessary", although it could keep someone back a grade -- and obviously the bible memorization is utterly unnecessary), I am just sick to think of it.

Are there other articles that indicate the parents were acting this way because of their religion? Or is this just assumed because the memorization was a reason for beating?

I read an article about this yesterday that had snippets from their FB pages where they were self described uber xtians.

That stepfather had only been with the boy's mother since June. Wow.

I can't even imagine how horribly the bio-dad and grandmother must be feeling about letting him go live with his mother and stepfather...

That's the way I'd take it as well emmiedahl. I spanked my kid exactly once. It was so horrible, I cried and immediately apologized and never did it again. I cannot fathom doing something like this. I can't even imagine spanking a child as appropriate discipline any longer.

Any hint of the Pearls in all this?

I was wondering the same thing. Especially when they mentioned them calling the pastor.

The details are so gruesome I nearly gagged when I read them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were Pearl fans or if their pastor promotes Pearl. ETA: I hope Anderson Cooper hears about this case, even though there a link to the Pearls hasn't been confirmed. AC stands up for people who are victimized due to religion.

http://morallowground.com/2012/12/04/las-vegas-police-dina-and-markiece-palmer-beat-7-year-old-son-roderick-arrington-to-death-for-not-reading-bible/

This link references Lydia Schatz. I can only hope that the police make the same connection and look for the book.

Honest to god, I read stuff like this and I just hate people. I couldn't do any of this shit to my worst enemy, so how on earth does a parent do it to their own child?

I know this may come as a shock, but Faux news has nothing on this story (for a percentage of Americans who only get their news from Fox, it never happened). They do, however, have a simliar story about a woman in Wales beating her son to death for not learning the Koran.

foxnews.com/world/2012/12/05/mother-found-guilty-beating-son-to-death-over-learning-koran/?intcmp=trending

Cause ebil Muslims in the UK are much more important/scary to Americans than ebil Christians in Nevada. :roll:

That's what I was going to say. I can't even. That poor beautiful boy. I hope they're both convicted of murder.

I don't believe in the death penalty, because some people should spend decades rotting away in jail.

The problem people like these will not change their beliefs unless they finally deprogram themselves. they tend to think it was gods will or it was a mistake or whatever. All the people jailed here in oregon who would not give their children medical care still think they were doing the right thing.

Archived